Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Need present ideas

amother

Post Wed, Feb 15 2012, 2:57 pm
I've moved into my parents house temporarily for medical reasons. They a we been a fanastic help with my kids and I would like to buy them something to say thank you. I'm not looking for expensive, but rather something that truly shows a meaningful thank you. Any ideas?

In addition my maaried, pregnsnt sis has also beern a really big help with my kids and I would like to buy her something as well.

And lastly, my parents cleaning lady has been doing my laundty, helping with the kids, cleaning up after them etc and I would liked to buy her sdomthing as well.

Thanks ladies!

Oh and last but not least (I cant believed I forgot) but something for my husband to say thank you for being an unbelievable help with everything!

yummymummy

Post Wed, Feb 15 2012, 3:20 pm
could you be more specific about your budget?

how about gift certificates to restaurants so they can enjoy a well deserved night out?

amother

Post Wed, Feb 15 2012, 4:52 pm
Op

I thought about that except that to make it look not puny, you need to give a nice amount to each one which can get expensive.

I really would like to buy something, wrap it, and give it.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 15 2012, 6:55 pm
Nobody??

MGmom

Post Wed, Feb 15 2012, 7:15 pm
I'd give my parents sumthing personal and small, charges, a centerpiece, nice lotion. and for sibling also like a little lotion its thoughtful and economical.
Cleaning lady gets paid so I would give her a card n a tip at an opportunity.

And ur dh def deserves sumthing special. Think of a novelty he doesn't have and wouldn't get himself!

Good luck!

yummymummy

Post Wed, Feb 15 2012, 7:27 pm
Does your mother or sister enjoy cookbooks? Maybe you can get them one of the new ones that seem to be coming out every other week.

Is there a book or sefer your father or DH would like?

Maybe you can get the cleaning lady one of those bath sets?

It's kind of hard to recommend gifts for people whose interests or needs you don't know...

spring13

Post Wed, Feb 15 2012, 7:56 pm
For your pregnant sister, can you get her a nice or especially helpful baby item? I'm assuming this is her first, but even so. I got my sister a moby wrap when she had her 3rd and she's really happy to have it.

for your parents, what about something like a wall hanging or a new havdala set? a fruit of the month club? some nice wine/scotch? are they into any crafts or other hobbies, that you could buy something related to that?

for the cleaning lady, ask your mother what she thinks she'd like! maybe a gift card to somewhere nice?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 16 2012, 10:34 am
It was a great idea to get the cleaning lady a bath set-I can really see her enjoying that!Smile thanks for the idea!!

And I thought of something for my sister, so thats all taken care of!

Now im just stuck with my parents. They hate chatchkes, so it woukd need to be soemthing practical.

And my husband....hmmm... He probably would like a sefer but I would never know which one. So any other ideas?

Thanks!!

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Feb 16 2012, 11:15 am
How about a table runner and centerpiece for your parents dining room table?
Or a nice mirror or expensive artwork for the wall (like gold mizrach sign)

For dh how about a gift voucher for his fav. seforim store?
does he like perfume? get him a nice perfume gift set.
I know you said that your sis you have something for but I thought maybe a camera? to take pics of her new baby?
good luck
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics