Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Yahrzeit on Facebook

amother

Post Fri, Feb 17 2012, 3:14 pm
My boss posted on Facebook that she has yahrzeit today for both her parents; she even posted a link to an article about the sentencing of the drunk driver who killed them. I had no idea about her parents, and it must have been so horrible to lose them both at once and in that way. I feel like I should should comment on her status, but have no idea what to say...

amother

Post Fri, Feb 17 2012, 3:16 pm
Oh, and I work from home and only see her in person once a month or so- in case anyone is wondering why I don't just tell her something in person.

CatLady

Post Fri, Feb 17 2012, 4:08 pm
Message her but pleaaaaase don't "like" her post! It never looks proper to me no matter how supportive the intention.

amother

Post Fri, Feb 17 2012, 4:13 pm
Don't worry, I have enough sense not to "like" it, but I was wondering about comments. People are commenting and offering their prayers/condolences. Should I just do the same? My husband (who has lost a parent while I have not b'h) said no way, but I think once you put it on FB, you're kinda inviting it.

seeker

Post Fri, Feb 17 2012, 4:23 pm
I think if you normally interact with this person on facebook and frequently comment on their statuses, then it makes sense to comment on this one too. Just some generic condolence would do, depending on the nature of your relationship. "May Hashem comfort you and your family for this loss" or something parve like that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette