Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Need New Double Oven Recommendation ASAP

cutegal

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 8:21 pm
Hi. My double oven just died and I need to replace it. I need 27" stainless steel double oven. The jewish appliance store recommended KitchenAid KEBs277sss, GE Profile model GE27PT956DRBB, or Electrolux model EI270EW45JS. Has anyone replaced their oven recently and can tell me what they bought and their experience with it. Any advice would be much appreciated!

saw50st8

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 8:30 pm
I personally would stay away from KA wall ovens. In the last few years there have been major issues.

GE Ovens are known to be a very decent product.

Electrolux ovens are supposed to be awesome but the shabbos mode uses the slew method. If that doesn't bother you, then go for it!

cutegal

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 9:00 pm
Thanks for your reply. What are the problems with the Kitchen Aid? Also, what is the slew method? Im also concerned about how easy these ovens are to clean.

saw50st8

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 9:12 pm
I don't remember all the details of the kitchen aid problems, but they were overheating on self clean cycle (and breaking the ovens) and they glass on the door was breaking.

Slew method - pressing up and down for changing temperature rather than pushing the number you want. This makes it hard to know what the temp is on chag because the display won't change. You can put a thermometer in the oven to mitigate this issue.

I have no idea how easy they are to clean though.

rosehill

Post Thu, Mar 22 2012, 6:48 am
I got the GE Profile.

Full disclousre: My previous oven was a 22 inch, brown single oven from 1960 that Betty Draper would have been ashamed of, so that's my baseline Wink

That said, I'm quite loving my new GE! I've baked 3 layers of cookies using the convection. Even when I'm not using convection, everything works. Food comes out evenly cooked in the time it's supposed to. Doesn't take too long to preheat. It's been pretty easy to keep clean, though I haven't used the self clean feature yet.

Pesach is going to be the real test. Sounds like you have to purchase it before then, but that will be when I run the self-clean for the first time, as well as use the Sabbath mode.

Go to gardenweb.com, click on forums, then home, then appliances. They actually DON"T love GE ovens, but I had other factors to consider, and so far it's worked well for me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars