Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Is s/t wrong with me that I can't think about pesach

amother

Post Mon, Mar 26 2012, 4:14 pm
usually every year I have lists before pesach and I'm nudging dh to move along and get things done and shalom bayis is not good.

last year my son was in hospital 2 weeks before pesach and somehow we managed anyway.

now I'm 6 weeks after birth (and after c-section)
my house is flying as we also did some construction work.

I have started some closets but I'm nowhere near ready for pesach and I was never this calm after rosh chodesh.

I was shocked when dh asked me tonight if I have a list for him (he usually hates my list)

I looked at him and said - you want a list - I have too much to even make a list.

am I crazy?

I did go out and buy matza and grape juice (and clothing and shoes for the kids) but that's it last night as I decided if nothing else happens we can sit in one clean corner and eat matza and grape juice for 7 days. Smile

maybe if I can really get a corner clean I can go buy the other food....

Isramom8

Post Mon, Mar 26 2012, 4:34 pm
Okay. You have half a month. There is no reason to panic.

Go straight to the kitchen. That's where the chametz is. Put all the chametz into one cabinet, or in cardboard boxes. Start cleaning and setting aside space for Pesach. Put away any dishes and pots you don't absolutely need till after Pesach.

Defrost the freezer. Clean it. Make space for Pesach food.

Make some space in the fridge.

Make a Pesach shopping list. Go to the store. Buy Pesach stuff. Put it in a corner and cover it with clean sheets. Food that needs to be frozen goes all wrapped up in the freezer on the shelves you cleared. Food that needs to be refrigerated goes all wrapped up in the fridge. (If possible, hold off on buying perishables till next week.)

Then get to other places with the most chametz.

The point is that if your koach is limited this year, use it on what is most essential.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics