Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Hate crime in midwood

livalittle

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 8:20 pm
Anyone hear the details of the hate crime in midwood? I heard on the news that five Jewish gangsters attacked a Pakistani teen eating ice crem - he said hat they spit in their face, cursed out Muslims, and nextthing he knew - brass knuckle in his face...I think it's so terrible that Jews were involved in a senseless attack and we are lowering ourselves to the level of our enemies. I was wondering of any of you heard details...maybe there's more to the story and those boys had at lest some minute justification.

Flowerchild

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 8:27 pm
you know sometimes I wonder, arabs/muslims always get kind of pushed over when they attack us for whatever reason even if there is no reason. but then you got a jew who got angry and its on the news etc. etc.

yes in some ways its wrong but then again...................

livalittle

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 8:32 pm
yeh, they get away with murder, but we are better than them.

Flowerchild

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 9:19 pm
we are better then them for sure, but we die more and faster. there is more of them then us.....

happy2beme

Post Fri, Nov 03 2006, 9:02 am
I heard they actually caught the kids who did it- now what's going to happen to them? Sad

Mommy3.5

Post Fri, Nov 03 2006, 1:49 pm
if they did this unprovoked, they deserve WHATEVER they get. You can't go around beating up people because they are arabs. I hope there is more to the story then what was reported, but if not they have to be punished.

shoy18

Post Fri, Nov 03 2006, 1:52 pm
happy2beme wrote:
I heard they actually caught the kids who did it- now what's going to happen to them? Sad

the ambulance arrived before the kids got away, they are bring charged with gang related assault and a hate crime. Two are being charge as minors but 3 are adults

amother

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 10:24 am
Regardless of the facts that pertain to this specific situation, the following holds true:

For every Hatzolah person that gets credit for saving lives, and VERY deservedly so, or others that perform necessary tasks,there are ten times as many people of other races and religions, whether paid or not, specifically-such as doctors, nurses and yes even store clerks, salespeople and the like, who go beyond their call of duty with their caring and kindness. Let's not bite the hand that feeds us. Those good souls that we meet daily, are only a sampling of hardworking, ethical people that are NOT Jewish. We should all behave with MENTCHLICHKEIT towards all people of other colors, races and religions unless they specifically have done us wrong, because that's how people of intelligence are supposed to behave. Gedolim go out of their way to show respect to people of other religions, whether they directly benefit from doing so or not. Just as we remember other's treatment of us, others remember our treatment of them.

Unfortunately those that live in Crown Heights have suffered much, but there are good and bad in every group of people, including ours!

Otherwise- there's a word for behavior to the contrary- it's called RACISM.

ILOVELIFE

Post Mon, Nov 06 2006, 7:52 pm
article about it:

http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content.....tid=9
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics