Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Cooking in advance!what to store for how long?

sunflower_seed

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 6:58 am
Hi,

we are having a lot of guests for shabbos this week Baruch Hashem.
I want to cook in advance, but confused what can be stored in the fridge for how long.
It doesnt make sense to freeze for a few days.

So today I wanted to make potato kigel and ratatouille (vegetables with mushrooms in tomato sauce).
Can I store it in the fridge if we eat it friday night or shall I cook it tomorrow?

So tomorrow I would make chicken soup, some heavy mayonnaise salads and challah in the evening.

My dh will do fish and meat stuffed peppers also tonight, can those be left in the fridge till friday night?

On Friday I would make fresh salads, bake the chickens cause I cant do the chickens before I do challa (because then challa is mamash meaty and we cant have it with dairy).

So basically I need to know how long can following things be stored in the fridge to stay fresh

chicken soup
fish in tomato sauce
veggies with mushrums in tom sauce
stuffed peppers
potato kigel
heavy mayo salads

Any further information welcome!
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen