Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
DD acts like a baby

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 3:54 pm
My DD is 5 and a half and sometimes acts like a little baby shell talk like one in a whinny voice and insist that I hold her etc. my youngest are 2 and a half twin girls. How can I get her to stop it? all advice welcome.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 4:30 pm
Whiney: tell her you can't understand it, speak calmly.

Wanting to be babied: well, it must be something in the air because my 5 yr old also wants to be babied, even sometimes a bottle, since my youngest is born.

minnie mouse

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 5:09 pm
It's a stage they go through. They see the younger kids getting lots of attention, and they want it too. My oldest dd I used to constantly talk and talk about how big she is .........and she still wanted to behave like a baby. My others I learned to ignore it and it'll pass. I let them talk the way they want to,I'll hold them like a baby, eventually they realize they're acting silly.

Mickey101

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 10:07 pm
This happened to me. Ignore her completely when she does it. Praise her
When she talks like a "big girl". Always talk about other girls her age who act so
mature.For Example "Miri is so mature, did you see how she speaks clearly, her mother must be so proud of her." After a while,she'll naturally want to be whom her mother praises. Trust
me it works like a charm!

ElTam

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 10:13 pm
Five is also still VERY YOUNG. On the voice, I think you can say, "I'm sorry, Ima can only understand when you use your big-girl voice."

But in terms of wanting to be held? That's totally age-appropriate. Kids need several minutes of loving touch a day. Just looking back at my notes from a class I took based on Rav Wolbe’s approach as interpreted Rebbitzen Sima Spetner. She has K”k 14 children and has been a teacher in the chareidi school system for 20 years. She also has a degree in psychology. She says kids age 2 to 7 need five separate instances of mutually enjoyable loving touch a day.

Hard when you have three under five, I know... My oldest was in kindergarten when my baby was born. I remember those days.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children