Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Spring ideas for preschool

neveralone

Post Tue, May 01 2012, 11:31 pm
anyone have ideas for preschool activities that have to do with spring? so far we made ladybugs, catapilars, butterflys, sunflowers, a tree with blossoms, plastic bugs in our touch table, celery in blue water to show how plants drink up water, we have a garden outside. im sure loads of other morahs are also teaching about spring. it would be really amazing if we can all share our ideas with each other! if you want details for any of the things I wrote let me know!

Jughead

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 9:38 pm
no ideas for you, unfortunately, but I just wanted to tell you that you sound like a fantastic morah! I wish my kids' morahs were so creative!!!

de_goldy

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 9:44 pm
You can buy the caterpillars that turn into butterflies. We do it every year and it's always a big hit. I buy from insectlore

neveralone

Post Fri, May 04 2012, 3:42 am
hindy k wrote:
no ideas for you, unfortunately, but I just wanted to tell you that you sound like a fantastic morah! I wish my kids' morahs were so creative!!!

thanks. bH we had a great week, spring is so much fun!! today I tough them about worms and brought in real live worms. the kids loved watching the worms. yesterday we did birds, nests, eggs. heres a fun expirment that kids of all ages would enjoy; put an egg into a cup with vinegar, the vinegar disolves the shell, its really neat! give it about two days.

Last edited by neveralone on Fri, May 04 2012, 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Fri, May 04 2012, 8:10 am
As a followup to The Carrot Seed, I gave them soil in the sensory bin, with beans to plant, and shovels, water, fake flowers etc.
While they were playing I asked them what they thought would happen to the "garden", I did this yesterday to give it a chance to grow over the weekend. But you said you have an outdoor garden?

neveralone

Post Fri, May 04 2012, 9:21 am
yes but that sounds like a really great idea. btw radishes also grow really fast, they are ready for harvest about a month after planting!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics