Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Did I ruin my butternut squash?

crl

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 5:03 pm
This is my second time making butternut squash kugel, and last week, all I did was steam the chunks of squash with a little bit of water and it was all fine. Today, I doubled the recipe and I guess I didn't use enough water or something so the squash started to stick to the sides of the pot and let off a burning smell, but I quickly shut it off and added more water, so it can biol for a bit instead of steam.

Is my squash ruined? Is this a terrible idea? Sad

Mommy3.5

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 6:28 pm
See how it tastes.

shanie5

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 6:35 pm
Smell it before making the kugel. if it smells burnt, toss it. If it smells fine, drain well and the kugel should be fine too.

crl

Post Fri, May 04 2012, 6:48 am
Thanks a lot! I drained it and tasted it -- it was a stronger squashy taste and the texture was lumpier than usual but it didn't taste bad, and the kugel itself just isn't as pretty as usual but still tastes fine.

Thanks for the help!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen