Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
What can DH learn with 8 yr old?

amother

Post Sat, May 05 2012, 3:30 pm
DH wants to learn with our 8 year old son. Any ideas what they can learn together?

Frenchfry

Post Sat, May 05 2012, 10:51 pm
How about a parsha in chumash that he won't be getting to for a while in school if at all, like something in sefer banidbar or devarim.

My son did that with my husband. They also learned kitzur shulchan aruch together when he was 9.

granolamom

Post Sat, May 05 2012, 11:06 pm
we're doing pirkei avos with our 8 yo

amother

Post Sat, May 05 2012, 11:47 pm
I was going to say the parshah too cuz my husband anyway learns it and then son can say over something at the table etc.

amother

Post Sat, May 05 2012, 11:47 pm
I was going to say the parshah too cuz my husband anyway learns it and then son can say over something at the table etc.

Arcy

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 12:00 am
chumash and Rashi... for as R Yehuda ben Tema says in Pirkei Avos; (perek 5, mishna 25) a five year old begins to learn the mikreh, and an 8 year old begins to learn mishne....

seems to me like chumash and rashi would fit perfectly for age 8... or maybe Nach, since unfortunalty alot of schools don't teach it to the boys when they get older...

hatzlacha

shirachadasha

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 12:36 am
Sefer ha'chinuch?

groisamomma

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 12:37 am
Arcy wrote:
chumash and Rashi... for as R Yehuda ben Tema says in Pirkei Avos; (perek 5, mishna 25) a five year old begins to learn the mikreh, and an 8 year old begins to learn mishne....

seems to me like chumash and rashi would fit perfectly for age 8... or maybe Nach, since unfortunalty alot of schools don't teach it to the boys when they get older...

hatzlacha

Dh says it's a 10-yr-old that learns mishna, not an 8-yr.-old.

OP, if he started learning mishnayos in cheder maybe do a diff. mesechta than what they're learning. That's what my dh does with ds (7 yrs. old).

morahtikvah

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 2:20 am
My husband learns mishnah (lost objects) with a few boys that age in the community. I learn holidays with another boy that age.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics