Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Board Games - Which do your kids like to play with most?
Previous  1  2

studying_torah

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 7:08 pm
ok so I know this thread is a few yrs old, but it really applies to my kids as well- esp my 7 and 8 yr old. some of those games sound pretty unique- where does one buy them? I try to look in walmart, target etc but the games they have aren't very interesting.
also, DH and I love board games, but are bored (pun intended) by the ones we have. any good ones that don't require more than 2 players?
Thanks!

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 11:55 pm
Your best best is to shop online for these games.

Gerbera

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 3:48 am
Most of the games people mentioned I see at Toys R Us here (Canada) I don't think Wal Mart has the best selection of games. What kind of games do you and your husband like? My husband and I play a lot of word games - as someone mentioned - Bananagrams is great, also Word Thief, Word Rich and Boggle. Card games - I like Skip Bo. Scattergories is fun too. My kids love the Uno Farm game (3 year old).

syrima

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 6:59 am
here are some that haven't been mentioned:

Sleeping Queens- a new fun card game for 2. ALL my kids (ages 4-13) liked this one.
Sorry Revenge card game- ages 10 and up if you like math.
Castle Keep -for ages 4-7.
The Ungame kids or family version - cards with questions about feelings and values. Not a game where anyone wins but a great icebreaker and way to promote listening in the family.

yksraya

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 7:11 am
mastermind is great. guess who.

studying_torah

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 7:16 am
what online websites have those games? and how much should I expect to pay for a good game?
I loved the ungame- I once played it during a class on play therapy but never actually found where to purchase it.
I love word games but those can be problematic to play on shabbos....
thanks all!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children