Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Need to use up ALOT of eggs
Previous  1  2

tsiggelle

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 5:50 pm
if you are going to use them in stuff you dont need/want, how about donating them?

allrgymama

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 6:08 pm
There's a recipe at King Arthur flour for a Golden Vanilla Pound Cake that uses five large eggs for the recipe.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com.....ecipe

I don't think it was mentioned in the thread. Are the eggs large or X-Large, because it makes a difference. It's delicious. I did a test-run to decide if I should make another to serve for dessert on Shvuous and it got such rave reviews that neighbors have been calling up for the recipe.

cranberry

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 8:08 pm
Breakfast tortillas: Scramble eggs, add shredded cheese and salsa. Put in flour tortillas and wrap. I line a baking sheet with parchment paper and then put them in the freezer. After they're frozen, put them in a ziplock bag. About 15-20 minutes in the toaster oven to reheat.

This is one of my favorite breakfasts because they're really filing and taste great. Also, I can wrap it in a paper towel and then eat it in the car while running morning carpool. embarrassed

mamaleh

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 9:32 pm
I have a cinnamon cake (really a vanilla cake with cin marbling) recipe that takes 12 eggs for a 10x14 (or 3-4 loaf pans) it freezes really well & is easy & yummy. If you want the recipe, let me know!

amother

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 10:01 pm
I'm surprised no one suggest washing your hair or face.

How to make egg face wash Wiki:

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-an.....-Mask

amother

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 10:33 pm
Wow!!! Amazing responses everyone!!! I will quote each and every post as I have nu clue how to do it in one post

amother

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 10:34 pm
crl wrote:
amother wrote:
[
Sounds yum thanks for taking the time to write that. How do I make this crust? In the "village" that I live we dont have such thing as store bought crust

I've never made it from scratch, but this one seems simple: http://www.marthastewart.com/3.....crust

And I'm sure you can substitute margarine if you wanted to use it for fleishig.

Thanks wil do that

amother

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 12:50 am
Yay I figured out how to quote every post!!!

mommyfrombrooklyn wrote:
make crepes for blintzes and freeze, fill as you need (ie for shavuos, suppers..)

paprika wrote:
Cheese blintzes. A dozen eggs will give you about 30 blintzes and the cheese uses about 3 yolks. You can freeze the leftover blintzes for summer suppers.

THX I actually forgot about that!!

tsiggelle wrote:
potato kugel

and sponge cake

I have a very easy delicious cake. I do it in one bowl with a hand blender (to make it lighter) but I dont separate the eggs, nor do I whisk it.

tsiggelle wrote:
if you are going to use them in stuff you dont need/want, how about donating them?

I never said I don't want/need them. Just that I have alot and what to do with them. But thanks for the recipe it's just up my street Smile

spring13 wrote:
Hit allrecipes.com and see which ones have the most stars Smile

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/g.....0Page

http://allrecipes.com/recipes/.....wcase

THX will do!!

yo'ma wrote:
A sponge cake recipe using 8 eggs.

egg muffins, they use a ton and they freeze

Thanks sounds yum!

imasinger wrote:
I have a recipe for chocolate mousse that calls for a dozen eggs (8 whites are left over; I make meringues with them). I'll post it if you want it...

Please do (if its not too hard) I loooove chocolate mousse!

chocolate chips wrote:
I have a recipe book that has tons of egg-full recipes such as 17 eggs or 10 eggs separated.

Do you mind to write down a few recipes (with the most amount of eggs Very Happy )?

cranberry wrote:
Breakfast tortillas: Scramble eggs, add shredded cheese and salsa. Put in flour tortillas and wrap.

Thx what is salsa?

For the rest posters THANK YOU!!!! These are GREAT Ideas!!!!! Many more welcome Smile

kb

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 1:04 am
How many eggs do you have?!?!? Or are you just gathering ideas first before you decide?

amother

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 1:05 am
About a hundred embarrassed . Decide what?

wif

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 1:14 am
You can do what my two-year-old did.

He threw all of my eggs in the garbage.

#goingshoppingformoreggsrightnow

amother

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 1:15 am
LOL LOL LOL

I see you live in Isreal shame you don't live where I do. Otherwise I would gladly sent you some over.

wif

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 1:18 am
That would be a GREAT way to use up your eggs; send em to me! Smile

kb

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 1:59 am
wow! I kind of thought if you both bought eggs you both bought one dozen, so you have a few extra eggs to use up. 100 is a LOT, you're right.

Would any of your neighbors want some of your eggs? And would your grocery possibly take returns? (If they're not opened, after all...)

French toast, scrambled eggs, egg salad... I think I would quite overwhelmed if I had that many eggs to get rid of, let alone store in my fridge!

I think a better question might be - how long will these eggs stay good? A week? A month? Three months?.... (excuse my ignorance - I live in Israel and eggs come with expiration dates here!)

This cake uses 7 eggs, but that's nothing compared to 100...
Marble Bundt Cake

7 eggs separated
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
3/4 cup orange juice
1 tsp baking powder
1 vanilla sugar
1/2 cup cocoa

Preheat oven to 325. Beat eggwhites until stiff. Add 1 cup sugar. Set aside.
Beat yolks with remaining 1 cup sugar. Add oil, orange juice, baking powder, vanilla.
Gradually add flour.
Fold in the whites.
Remove 1/3 of batter to separate bowl. Add cocoa.
Pour most of yellow batter into greased pan. Marbelize the chocolate.
Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.

Raisin

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 2:29 am
eggs will last for about 3 or 4 weeks at least, so you don't have to use them all up this week.

you can make quiche or frittata. if you have the spice and spirit cookbooks there are tons of quiche recipes including the crust recipe.

kugel uses up eggs. You can make a few and freeze.

My family loves sunny eggs and french fries for supper.

Sell some to a neighbour.

DrMom

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 2:36 am
Host an Easter egg hunt on your front lawn?

Host an omlette party for your kid's classmates?

ice coffee

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 2:50 am
hard boiled eggs. my kids can each eat a few in one sitting and they last in fridge for up to a week.

cranberry

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 7:52 am
Quote:
cranberry wrote:
Breakfast tortillas: Scramble eggs, add shredded cheese and salsa. Put in flour tortillas and wrap.

Thx what is salsa?

I'm not sure how to describe salsa. I guess it's basically tomatoes, onions, bell peppers and jalapeno peppers cooked to a chunky sauce. It can be pretty mild or quite hot depending on how much jalapeno is used. (I've never made it before - I just buy a jar in the store.)

It just gives the eggs more flavor. So if you don't have any, you could flavor it with something else.

smss

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 9:03 am
ra_mom wrote:
You can make a large omelette roll up in the oven, then slice and serve many people.

ra mom, what is that? How do you make it?

willow

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 9:31 am
Deviled eggs
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen