Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Where can I buy miracle noodles?

momaholic

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 6:54 am
Are miracle noodles sold in stores or only online? If online only whats the best, cheapest site? if they are sold in stores, where in the brooklyn or monsey area can I get it?

OOTBubby

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 7:50 am
They're only sold online. I've found the best price to be on Amazon.com (if you have Prime for free shipping). Otherwise, if you do a Google search you can usually find a coupon for a small percent off at the Miracle Noodles website. If you buy on Amazon, make sure to only get the Miracle Noodles brand as it is the only one with a hechsher AFAIK.

Taliaville

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 11:40 am
shoprite in brooklyn sells them in the health food section, right past the vegetables.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 2:23 pm
Taliaville wrote:
shoprite in brooklyn sells them in the health food section, right past the vegetables.

Are they the "Miracle Noodles" brand? I understand that brand is only sold online.

bananasplit

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 2:27 pm
What are these mirale noodles all about?

OOTBubby

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 2:29 pm
They are no calorie, no carb noodles made from yam flour that are used on certain diets (in my case HHCG). There are similar ones containing soy which are not allowed at least on HCG.

momaholic

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 3:24 pm
Taliaville wrote:

Thank you! I live right near shoprite, that's perfect.

momaholic

Post Mon, May 21 2012, 7:24 pm
momaholic wrote:
Taliaville wrote:

Thank you! I live right near shoprite, that's perfect.

I went there tonight. I did not see it. I checked by the health stuff on the bottom shelf after the produce like where the quinoa and bulgar is and it wasn't there. I also checked the health aisle and didnt see it.

Taliaville

Post Mon, May 21 2012, 8:53 pm
the brand they carry is Shirataki. They are under the ou. I saw them in the fridge section, right past the organic fruits and veggies, where the fake meats and stuff are. Another place that may sell them is Pomegranite, if you are near them.

momaholic

Post Mon, May 21 2012, 9:10 pm
Taliaville wrote:
the brand they carry is Shirataki. They are under the ou. I saw them in the fridge section, right past the organic fruits and veggies, where the fake meats and stuff are. Another place that may sell them is Pomegranite, if you are near them.

I will check shoprite again and call pomegranate tomorrow. thank you

OOTBubby

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 5:48 am
momaholic wrote:
Taliaville wrote:

I will check shoprite again and call pomegranate tomorrow. thank you

I'd be curious to know what the main ingredients are and if they have any calories to determine if this brand would be allowed on the HCG diet.

Raw

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 12:39 am
Wholefood's has them in the fridge near the tofus.

momaholic

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 7:23 am
I checked miracle noodles website by locations and Pomegranate was on the list. They have it in the last aisle at the end of the aisle across the fridge items. I bought 2 packs but, they look really scary! Are they really edible?

OOTBubby

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 7:35 am
momaholic wrote:
I checked miracle noodles website by locations and Pomegranate was on the list. They have it in the last aisle at the end of the aisle across the fridge items. I bought 2 packs but, they look really scary! Are they really edible?

Is it the Miracle Noodle brand they have there?

Yes, they look scary, but they are perfectly edible. Make sure to rinse very very well to get rid of the preservative smell and then boil for just 1 minute. They'll stay clear and will be a little chewy, like al dente noodles. They have no taste of their own; they take on the taste of whatever you mix them with.

momaholic

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 8:58 am
OOTBubby wrote:
momaholic wrote:

Yes, they look scary, but they are perfectly edible. Make sure to rinse very very well to get rid of the preservative smell and then boil for just 1 minute. They'll stay clear and will be a little chewy, like al dente noodles. They have no taste of their own; they take on the taste of whatever you mix them with.

Yes it is the miracle noodle brand. they have the angel hair and the fettuccine style. Ok I will try them.

Thank you

OOTBubby

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 9:11 am
momaholic wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
momaholic wrote:

Yes it is the miracle noodle brand. they have the angel hair and the fettuccine style. Ok I will try them.

Thank you

Stick with the angel hair -- it is much thicker than real angel hair pasta; like thickish spaghetti. The fettucini is very thick.

momaholic

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 11:37 am
OOTBubby wrote:
momaholic wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
momaholic wrote:

Thank you

Stick with the angel hair -- it is much thicker than real angel hair pasta; like thickish spaghetti. The fettucini is very thick.

I bought one of each but, thanks for the tip! I will try that one first
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise