Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
When/how do I make my lasagna?

naomi2

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 7:52 pm
I'm planning on having lasagna for the sunday night seuda but there will only be 30 or 45 min. to prepare and bake it so I need a plan. I can't freeze it raw because the noodles are GF and they crack when they defrost. also, I am planing on using the no-boil method. so lets hear your ideas!

miami85

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 8:02 pm
When I was preparing my lasagna based on my box of no-bake regular noodles it said to store unbaked up to 48 hrs and freezer fpr 2 months. Im serving it 1st night shavuos so planning to bake it friday and just warm it up motzai shabbos. Does your box give you clues? The storage recommendations may be based on using ricotta cheese vs. Cottage/ farmers cheese. What are you using?

miami85

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 8:07 pm
When I was preparing my lasagna based on my box of no-bake regular noodles it said to store unbaked up to 48 hrs and freezer fpr 2 months. Im serving it 1st night shavuos so planning to bake it friday and just warm it up motzai shabbos. Does your box give you clues? The storage recommendations may be based on using ricotta cheese vs. Cottage/ farmers cheese. What are you using?

CherryBerry

Post Wed, May 23 2012, 9:37 pm
I am planning to make my lasagna thursday night and serve it on monday lunch.
Now I'm thinking that maybe thats too long in the fridge. Would 4 days be too long?
anything else I can do?
ETA I'm planning to bake it fully thursday and then reheat it monday somehow, still not sure how.

Bebe

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 3:34 pm
Im planning on baking mine fully on friday and leaving in fridge until serving it sunday afternoon. hope it will b ok.

naomi2

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 8:15 pm
Bebe wrote:
Im planning on baking mine fully on friday and leaving in fridge until serving it sunday afternoon. hope it will b ok.

I think ill do this in the end, thanx all!

cookielady

Post Thu, May 24 2012, 9:15 pm
Dairy lasagna actually tastes better reheated the next day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics