Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Are you happy with your child's school?!

26teach

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 1:59 pm
I am so fed up with my kids school I am willing to look into any town anywhere just to get a good school for my child. Somewhere where they care about middos and they take care of bullies. Somewhere that they help your child learn no matter how slow or fast he is!? Is anyone really happy with their child's school?! I am not so concerned about how much mishnayos or Gemara he learns. I am more concerned about good middos and a school that will work with kids having difficulty learning!!

granolamom

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 3:24 pm
have you considered homeschooling?

Ruchel

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 3:25 pm
Anywhere? Well, I know some top schools here in France, but I don't know if you really meant it? Wink

26teach

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 3:48 pm
About homeschooling....Yes! Been there done that! It was great but my kids were bored and had no friends and I was totally drained every day!
About France I guess you caught me on that one. Anywhere in the USA, Canada or israel!

Ruchel

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 3:51 pm
Depending on your hashkafa there are some great schools middos wise in Israel for sure

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 4:09 pm
How old is your son? My friend runs an elementary school for boys who have challenges learning in Monsey: http://skillbuildingcenter.org/

granolamom

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 4:25 pm
26teach wrote:
About homeschooling....Yes! Been there done that! It was great but my kids were bored and had no friends and I was totally drained every day!
About France I guess you caught me on that one. Anywhere in the USA, Canada or israel!

well, then, I do hope you find a school. I wish I could recommend one, but sadly, a good school seems to be a tall order.
I do admire your insistence on finding the right place, and your willingness to move anywhere (in the us, canada or israel,lol) to find it.
let us know when you find The School. I'm sure you will start an migratory wave of imamothers.

and just another (possibly naive) thought about homeschooling....were you in an area that has lots of other frum homeschoolers? because maybe you could move to such a place and find coops so your kids could have friends and you could have some support and down time.

:MOM:

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 9:00 pm
Have u tried gan yisrael for boys in boro park? They might fit ur needs.

26teach

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 9:04 pm
Thank you for all your suggestions! I have heard of gan Israel before and will look into more. I will also look into the school in monsey. I didn't home school in a place where there were lots of others. People thought I was nuts actually!

reportrmom

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 9:05 pm
I only have good things to say about yeshiva ruach chaim. They work on middos, the rosh yeshiva and menahel have a personal relationship with every single boy, they really really take the time to teach what is really important, including interpersonal social skill development. A very special place. Look into it. If u have any questions I would be happy to answer as best as I can.

26teach

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 9:17 pm
Where is it located?

26teach

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 9:19 pm
Ruchel- I guess you can call us middle of the road. Yeshivas modern some people call it?! Where are those schools in Israel? People always tell me that the schools in Israel are worse?!

cm

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 9:32 pm
For what age(s)? Boys/girls? Specific hashkafa?

saw50st8

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 9:38 pm
A lot of my friends send their kids to Ben Porat Yosef in the Teaneck I've only heard really amazing things about it.

seeker

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 9:45 pm
reportrmom wrote:
I only have good things to say about yeshiva ruach chaim. They work on middos, the rosh yeshiva and menahel have a personal relationship with every single boy, they really really take the time to teach what is really important, including interpersonal social skill development. A very special place. Look into it. If u have any questions I would be happy to answer as best as I can.
Where is this? Who is the menahel?

runninglate

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 9:57 pm
its deep in flatbush, z and ocean parkway or something like that.

reportrmom

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 10:15 pm
The rosh yeshiva of ruach chaim is rabbi klor. They are located on east 26 and avenue z in Brooklyn. Phone number is 718-646-8500. I don't work for them. Just a very happy parent. They go up to eighth grade. No high school.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics