Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Before we buy this condo-?

amother

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 12:18 am
What should we find out or ask?

Is it legal to ask who else is buying (it's newish condos, been rented for 2 years prior)? Neighbors make a difference and I'd like to know who else will be living there.

They told us that all condos are selling for a certain price-firm. Does that mean that out offer needs to that exact amount? What is the point of an offer if it's exactly the asking price?

We need to make a decision on this pretty quick- I need to do quick investigating, please help!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 8:31 am
If you're using a lawyer and broker, ask them not us.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 11:01 am
I am asking what questions to ask the previous owners and the agent. By the time I contact a lawyer it will be because we're interested and have given an offer.

I am having a meeting with the agent to ask my questions and I want to know what I should ask...

Anyone who bought a condo could help me? What were you're concerns before you bought? (aside for financial)

amother

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 12:23 pm
We just bought a condo. Def. good to ask about who lives there and who is moving in. If the agent won't/can't say, try to chat with people who live in the building. That's what we did.

A for putting in offer, we were told they wanted at least a certain amount, but we still asked if they would take less. In the end, they did come down a little. If they're not willing to negotiate, there's not much you can do, just pay what they're asking I guess. Hope this helps and hatzlacha! Smile

amother

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 12:40 pm
Op here:

How would I know if they're willing to go down? They set the price at $xxx,xxx firm. Should we give in an offer of a bit lower or will we lose the condo?

Any other questions that are important to ask?

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 12:41 pm
Ask what the various by-laws are. Many condo associations don't allow mezzuzzahs on the doors and don't allow Sukkahs to be built.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating