Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Camp ideas!

amother

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 3:32 am
im a directer of a summer day camp for girls pre1- 8th. I would love to hear all ideas! maybe things your kids did that they enjoyed!!! TIA

PinkFridge

Post Fri, May 18 2012, 11:52 am
amother wrote:
im a directer of a summer day camp for girls pre1- 8th. I would love to hear all ideas! maybe things your kids did that they enjoyed!!! TIA

As a mother, I'd love for the girls to have regular in-camp time, in the form of baking, projects, etc. Not that trips aren't nice, and useful for programming, but getting some skills and experience in a fun way is something I'd like to see.
I'll try to ask my kids, bli neder, so you'll get answers from the perspective you want. Wink

amother

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 3:07 am
thanks ide apreciate that. really working hard on the planning (whitch is why im up at this hour- must get my oriental trading order out by tomorow! but would love to hear if there are any ideas that stand out as really fun in your kids/ your mind!!!!!!!!!

amother

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 3:16 am
PinkFridge wrote:
amother wrote:

As a mother, I'd love for the girls to have regular in-camp time, in the form of baking, projects, etc. Not that trips aren't nice, and useful for programming, but getting some skills and experience in a fun way is something I'd like to see.
I'll try to ask my kids, bli neder, so you'll get answers from the perspective you want. Wink

btw bzrH were having self defence, specialty art classes, arts & crafts, baking, weekly trips, games, comedies, kodesh learning after davening, special geusts ie reptil show... any other things you would like your child to have?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 10:39 am
amother wrote:
PinkFridge wrote:
amother wrote:

btw bzrH were having self defence, specialty art classes, arts & crafts, baking, weekly trips, games, comedies, kodesh learning after davening, special geusts ie reptil show... any other things you would like your child to have?

Sounds good to me! Hatzlacha!
Wait - swimming?

amother

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 2:05 am
PinkFridge wrote:
amother wrote:
PinkFridge wrote:
amother wrote:

Wait - swimming?

forgot about that but yes swimming also. please if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear!!

amother

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 2:05 am
PinkFridge wrote:
amother wrote:
PinkFridge wrote:
amother wrote:

Wait - swimming?

forgot about that but yes swimming also. please if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear!!

groisamomma

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 8:14 am
Aqua show with older kids, sports leagues with a big competition at the end of the summer, relay races, if I think of anything else I'll post.

Roots

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 11:55 am
I loved color war!!
arts n crafts
sports competitions for the older bunks
carnival was fun, older bunks make booths, younger bunks come to the booths...
shows and concerts, mooonwalk...

amother

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 3:53 am
groisamomma wrote:
Aqua show with older kids, sports leagues with a big competition at the end of the summer, relay races, if I think of anything else I'll post.

whats an aqua show?

amother

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 3:56 am
RutiS wrote:
I loved color war!!
arts n crafts

is a moonwalk what I call a moonbounce?

thanks everyone for your ideas, please keep them coming.im especially looking for specific games and activities!

groisamomma

Post Sat, Jun 02 2012, 9:46 pm
amother wrote:
groisamomma wrote:

whats an aqua show?

A water show/performance in the pool for an audience. It can be like a talent show like kids can show off doing flips and things or the kids can perform in time to music, different original jumps or a dance or something in the water--it can be really cute for little kids.

groisamomma

Post Sat, Jun 02 2012, 9:50 pm
amother wrote:
RutiS wrote:
I loved color war!!
arts n crafts

is a moonwalk what I call a moonbounce?

thanks everyone for your ideas, please keep them coming.im especially looking for specific games and activities!

For the first day activity, you can do "I Have, Who Has" to warm them up and to get to know each other's names (I have Suri, who has Frankel? I have Frankel, who had Leah? I have Leah, who has another-last-name, etc)

The little kids can cut out large circles of color paper and paste it to the floor and play Twister.

We pass the ball (water balloon) around...

Check out UltimateCampResource.com for activities. Here's their list for Water Games:

http://www.ultimatecampresourc......html

amother

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 4:04 am
thanks! I love that sight, they have some terrific ideas!

granolamom

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 4:51 pm
my daughter's favorite thing in camp was 'late night' I think they only did it for the older girls, but once a month they stayed until 7 (regular dismissal was at 4) for a bbq and swimming.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children