Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
North Israel - Afforadable Vacation???

amother

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 6:08 am
DH and I want to journey North for a few days, to be in the countryside a bit, but still near to a shul. We don't haev a car. We don't want a hotel unless it's very affordable. Self-catering would do. Anyone got any ideas?

TIA!

amother

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 6:08 am
Sorry for all those typos I'm tired Confused

amother

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 12:36 pm
whats your budget? affordable means diff things to diff people...

Tamiri

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 1:55 pm
Find a room in Kiryat Shmoneh. It should be more reasonable now than high season aka summer. There is everything there, and it's a great starting out point.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 5:37 am
OP here.

I'm guessing around 500-600 shekel per night for both of us... is that reasonable?

Kiryat Shmonah sounds like an idea. What's it like there?

kalsee

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 5:45 am
I went twice to a moshav called migdal. It's a few minutes from tverya, the tverya bus from yerushalyim stops there.
It is walking distance to a real pretty beach of the kineret (not official- no lifegaurds and during the summer it was mostly frum families each keeping their own corner).
It is a dati moshav, they have regular minyanim.
I think it cost about 400-500 shekel a night for a pretty little tzimmer.(you can find them online)

ETA: I mean yishuv not moshav.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 6:02 am
kalsee wrote:
I went twice to a moshav called migdal. It's a few minutes from tverya, the tverya bus from yerushalyim stops there.
It is walking distance to a real pretty beach of the kineret (not official- no lifegaurds and during the summer it was mostly frum families each keeping their own corner).
I think it cost about 400-500 shekel a night for a pretty little tzimmer.(you can find them online)

Sounds great! Can you get to tiveriya by foot if you stay in migdal? We don't have a car and if we're near tiveriya we'd like to visit it. OP.

kalsee

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 6:13 am
amother wrote:
kalsee wrote:

Sounds great! Can you get to tiveriya by foot if you stay in migdal? We don't have a car and if we're near tiveriya we'd like to visit it. OP.

It's not really close enough, it's about 5-8 minutes by car on the highway. There are busses and taxis though.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 7:43 am
OP here.

We found a tzimmer in tiveria. Looks beauitful, got it for 600 shekel for two nights! I'm so excited! Now need to make a list of what we want to do there, visiting kevarim especially.

Thanks for your help pointing me in the right direction.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 7:44 am
amother wrote:
OP here.

We found a tzimmer in tiveria. Looks beauitful, got it for 600 shekel for two nights! I'm so excited! Now need to make a list of what we want to do there, visiting kevarim especially.

Thanks for your help pointing me in the right direction.

ETA: Sorry, 800 shekel for two nights. typo!

OP.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions