Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Stylish, Mid-Priced Clothing in Jerusalem?

amother

Post Sun, Jun 17 2012, 4:06 pm
I absolutely NEED new clothes, I can't stand my clothes, they're all falling apart and they're all BLACK!

Does anyone know where I can buy stylish, chutz la'aretz style clothing?

Things like short-sleeve pretty tops to wear with shells under, dark colored knee-length skirts, shabbos dresses, simple but elegant...young but not 'high' fashion. I like things in plain pastel colors with a simple bow/frill/sparkle detail. Not the tacky Israeli kind....

I don't want to look like a shlumph anymore!

Also, I'm tall...so I can't get dresses and skirts in non-frum stores usually.

I guess the type of thing I'm looking for is imported American clothing or stores that have that kind of thing....

-shopaholic in need-

DrMom

Post Sun, Jun 17 2012, 4:13 pm
Perhaps you can try stores like Mango and Zara and just wear shells underneath if there are tznius issues. (You mentioned that you "do shells" so maybe this would work for you.)

Miss Lagotte has nice things but they are $$$$

Where did you like to shop in the US?

amother

Post Sun, Jun 17 2012, 4:23 pm
Thanks for the suggestions. Where is there a Mango? I know there's a Zara in Malcha...

I'm not from the US, and anyway before I got married I always went for cheap things because my family made me pay for all my clothing myself whilst I was still in school, and I never really found out how to get that polished, put-together look because of that.

But bH now I'm in a situation where I can afford more...and I know what I want...

-shopaholic in need-
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions