Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Twins at 20 week sono?

elisheva25

Post Fri, Jun 15 2012, 3:44 pm
Is it possible not to know you are having twins till the 20 week sono? Twins do run in my family. And I did have a regular sono early on at the office. I am just curious and excited for my sono appointment and wondering if its possible to be expecting twins and not know till later. What do you think?

sky

Post Fri, Jun 15 2012, 4:09 pm
My MIL found out she was having twins after delivering her first. This was almost 30 years ago, and her sono technician had been brand new on the job. So I guess anything can happen. And she didn't really like her dr. (It was the midwife in the room who figured out there was a second one being pushed out)

seeker

Post Fri, Jun 15 2012, 4:32 pm
It's possible but not very likely. One would have had to be hiding pretty well at the earlier scan, but I guess it's easier for them to hide when they're tiny! I've heard of twins being missed later too, but after having had two singleton 20-week scans I can't imagine how that happens! I'm no sonographer but it seemed perfectly clear to me that there was one baby and no room for another!

elisheva25

Post Fri, Jun 15 2012, 4:41 pm
Thanx for the replies
I think it's also kind of unlikely. ( after having 2 single births)
But my husband had a dream that we are expecting twin girls...
So that's why I am wondering in that direction.Smile

Jughead

Post Fri, Jun 15 2012, 4:43 pm
Elisheva25 - is this pregnancy any different than your other two? (meaning, are you bigger, feeling WAAAAY more fetal movement, worse nausea and vomiting...)

Seeker - it's actually harder for them to hide when they're smaller.

elisheva25

Post Fri, Jun 15 2012, 5:13 pm
No. I think it's same pregnancy as the other 2.
No major symptoms, Thank G-d.
My other 2 pregnancies were also easy
I guess I'll find out for sure on Monday:)

ElTam

Post Fri, Jun 15 2012, 8:16 pm
It happened to a friend of mine. Her twins are 6. They said one baby at the eight week. Then her bloodwork at 16 weeks came back totally crazy, and when they looked again, there were two babies.

RachelEve14

Post Sat, Jun 16 2012, 2:48 pm
It happened also to a friend of mine. They only look for 1 baby at the first scan. The second was very high up. At her 20 week scan they saw both for the first time Smile

elisheva25

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 3:50 pm
Update---no twins..They saw one baby in there:)

amother

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 4:49 pm
funny, because a few weeks ago, I also had a dream that I was having twin girls (I have 2 boys)! I didn't go for a 20 week sonogram yet, but when I was at a routine check-up, the midwife listened for a heartbeat. She said that based on the location of the heartbeat, twins are unlikely.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more