Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Baby stuff

cmg770

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 4:40 am
B'H we are expecting our first child, it is our custom to wait to buy things for the baby, however I would like to start looking at things. We have lived in Israel for a short time so we are not aware of any places to buy things from. Are there any online stores that can order things from and get delivered. As its our first we have nothing, our families will want to buy some items for us, ordering online would be the best option.

Any ideas would be great!!

ray family

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 4:47 am
I don't know about ordering online but I would go around to different stores and maybe make a wishlist.
this way if anyone wants to buy s/t you can tell them what your preferences are

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 4:55 am
cmg770 wrote:
B'H we are expecting our first child, it is our custom to wait to buy things for the baby, however I would like to start looking at things. We have lived in Israel for a short time so we are not aware of any places to buy things from. Are there any online stores that can order things from and get delivered. As its our first we have nothing, our families will want to buy some items for us, ordering online would be the best option.

Any ideas would be great!!
Most stores you can go to, buy the things and have them delivered at a later date. That is what we did when we had our daughter.

There is baby michele in talpiot that is very good and apparently a store called chasdei shmuel somewhere near tzomet bar ilan (I think) that many women talk about. try that.
Good luck and beshaa tova.

Marion

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 5:06 am
Chasdei Shmuel is in Ezrat Torah. In Talpiot you have Baby Michel, and several chains (Shilav, Doctor Baby, Motzetzim, Bazaar Strauss). None have online shopping, but Chasdei Shmuel, Baby Michel, Motzetzim, Doctor Baby, and Shilav all have websites you can browse. Shilav will be your most expensive option; Chasdei Shmuel has good prices but their customer service (IME) stinks. Baby Michel is reasonably priced on most items and has acceptable customer service. I haven't shopped in the other places. You can most certainly do "layaway" with both Baby Michel and Chasdei Shmuel, where you give them a list, a deposit, and an EDD, and call them when you have the baby to make arrangements to get your stuff.

B'sha'a tova!

tizunabi

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 5:40 am
Marion wrote:
You can most certainly do "layaway" with both Baby Michel and Chasdei Shmuel, where you give them a list, a deposit, and an EDD, and call them when you have the baby to make arrangements to get your stuff.

B'sha'a tova!

Also in shilav. And their customer service was very good.

ewa-jo

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 5:57 am
You can find baby stuff on zap.co.il... and buy baby stuff online there.

Of course, you would need to go to a store first to get an idea of what stroller, carseat, crib...etc you like, but if you had relatives overseas who wanted to buy you gifts, you could always make a list with links on zap for all the stuff you want and send it to them (with your address, so they could tell the store where to deliver it)

I don't think any of the baby stores here have online ordering or online registries.

Roots

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 7:41 am
marion gave u really good info!!

amother

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 1:17 pm
Hey op! We are also expecting our first baby in Israel BH, and I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for making this thread. I just made a thread about whether or not to buy baby items from the US or Israel for the baby.

Bshaah tova! Please keep us updated, if you can, on your experiences in any of the stores.

avocado

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 4:18 am
most baby shops in israel offer the option to make the order and then hold it until the baby is born because it is very common for people to do that. we had a not very good experience with baby michel, and shilav is definitely the most expensive around. we were extremely impressed with motzetzim in talpiot when we discovered it pretty recently - the prices were really good and the staff were excellent (and very patient!) even when we made them open and close the same strollers for hours as we dithered and couldn't make our minds up! I have also heard that chasdei shmuel are supposed to have very good prices.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions