Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Apostille stamp in Israel

cmg770

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 2:42 am
Where can you get an Apostille in Israel for a marriage license from abroad?

Last edited by cmg770 on Tue, Jun 19 2012, 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Marion

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 3:18 am
An "apostille", not an apostle. Usually you need to go to the consulate for the country where the original document was issued.

smss

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 4:54 am
Ok this is one of THE most annoying parts of making aliyah.
AFAIK you can't get one at the American consulate - if anyone has different information please correct me.

You can get an apostille in America, or if you're already here what you have to do is get a teudat nesuin from the Rabanut. You need an appointment. It takes at least a month to get an appointment and you don't really get to pick the time, they tell you when you have to show up. You have to come with your husband and two "witnesses" (they didn't have to be at your wedding, they just have to have known you for a long time).

What happened with me was that Nefesh b'Nefesh was already scheduling their Misrad Hapnim appointments and we had everything except for this. So they said just come in and let's see how it goes.
Misrad Hapnim didn't ask for it, b"H, and I never got it and B"H made aliyah without it.
So you can always try that Smile

hatzlacha!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions