Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Party games

chouli

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 1:30 pm
my son is having a birthday party soon. He wants to invite a bunch of six year olds.
Now I need some ideas for games to keep them occupied and busy.
Any ideas?
Thanks!!!

cm

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 2:26 pm
I've made plenty of girls' parties, not boys,' but I think at that age they still enjoy a lot of the same things. Here are a few ideas:

freeze-dancing
relay races
Red Light Green Light
Pin the ___ on the ___ (have your son fill in the blanks and make the poster!)
Pass the Present and other passing-around-a-circle games (there are many variations)
trivia games
tag and all its variations
Twister
kickball, wiffleball
scavenger hunt/hidden treasure type activities
simon says

There's more - but that's enough to get started.

Hope this helps!

Simcha100

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 6:12 pm
my favorate game that is really fun for the kids- learned it from my oldest whos friends played it- the chocolate game
you take a bar of chocolate on a plate, with a fork and knife- table knife, just enough to cut bar. You need an apron and hat for a child to wear- as if they are the cheff, and a die to roll
kids sit in a circle with chocote in the middle. pass die around and each spins once. When someone gets a 6, they fast put the apron on and hat and start cutting the bar with a fork and knife and that's how they need to eat eack square, in the meantime the spinning is going on and once someone else gets a 6, he/ she needs to stop and give the apron and hat the the new six spinner... Sometimes kids doesn't even manage to eat any, sometimes one is eating more and more until someone finally gets another 6. Stop whenever and let the kids know before you start that everyone who did not get during will be given after the game, so everyone will have fun and not feel leftout...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children