Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Learn how to wash and set classes

newatit

Post Sun, Feb 26 2012, 5:42 pm
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good "learn how to do your own sheital" class or course? I'd love to learn how and wanted to see what was out there and who people liked.
Thanks!

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Feb 26 2012, 6:56 pm
You didnt say your location. Does that mean you live in Brooklyn?

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jan 12 2020, 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

TeachersNotebook

Post Mon, Jun 25 2012, 1:20 am
I took Wigs By You (1-866-wigsbyu or http://www.wigsbyyou.com/index.html) in Boro Park. It looks like she does classes all over though. It was great Very Happy

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Jun 25 2012, 8:31 am
If you are in Boro Park then wigs by you is great. I am guessing she is popular too because in the past year since I took the course, she has gone up in price by about $50!

wigsbyyou.com

GramaNewYork

Post Mon, Jun 25 2012, 8:33 am
TeachersNotebook wrote:
I took Wigs By You (1-866-wigsbyu or http://www.wigsbyyou.com/index.html) in Boro Park. It looks like she does classes all over though. It was great Very Happy

I agree! She is fantastic. Try to find out if/when she'll be in your area.

sweetpotato

Post Mon, Jun 25 2012, 10:27 pm
I contacted Wigs By You to see when they'll have a class in Brooklyn next, was told nothing scheduled yet. Does anyone know of anyone else in Brooklyn who give classes regularly, during the day? I have to learn how to wash and set my sheitel before the end of the summer -- I'm moving to a place with no sheitel stylists.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 25 2012, 10:31 pm
sweetpotato wrote:
I contacted Wigs By You to see when they'll have a class in Brooklyn next, was told nothing scheduled yet. Does anyone know of anyone else in Brooklyn who give classes regularly, during the day? I have to learn how to wash and set my sheitel before the end of the summer -- I'm moving to a place with no sheitel stylists.
Can you hire your current sheitel macher to teach you?

goodheart

Post Mon, Jun 25 2012, 11:09 pm
sweetpotato wrote:

ask wigs by u if she would do it for u?private lesson?

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 9:31 am
I saw that yaffa is doing a 5 week intensive course.

eisheschayil

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 11:01 am
I wanted to do a course so I could set my own wigs. I mentioned it to the lady who did mine and she said that the quality of my wigs was so good that they would be fine if I did them myself and let them airdry. I tried it out and have never looked back. I wash and condition the wig, let it dry and when it is just slightly damp I set it on the head with velcro rollers. I watched a few videos on Youtube and after a bit of trial and error have got it down pat. I then give a lite spray of mist and thats it. I remove the rollers about two hours before I want to wear the wig, to give the waves a chance to settle down. My wigs look amazing, natural and I am always getting compliments for them. So thats another possibility for you to consider. I would imagine it works best with fairly straight forward styles. Mine are shoulder length with wispy side bangs and layers framing the face. I do this once every six weeks or so with a good quality shampoo. I have saved heaps over the last few years, I just feel bad for my sheitle lady who advised me to do it and lost a customer. I still go to her for simchas etc though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels