Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Tori Wigs or Shuly wigs

anickh

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 1:21 pm
I know there are posts similar to this already, but I havnt yet found one specifically comparing tori wigs and shuly wigs. Basically I need a 26" long, thick, color 1b (ashy toned) sheitel. Should I go w/ tori wigs or shuly wigs??? I'm not concerned with price. I just need the sheitel to have a lot of hair and I obviously want the best quality. Does anyone have any experience w/ either of the 2 companies or do you know anyone who has??? or maybe even kiki is better than both. I don't know. any feedback would be appreciated. thank you.

Basically shuly has one for me for 2500 (and its super gorgeous, from what I an tell) but I'm now worried maybe tori might be better quality and/or thicker hair. I mean I just don't know, and I want to be certain before spending that much money.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 2:52 pm
They're both good brands. I would compare individual pieces- see what they each have for you, and go from there.

My shuly is beautiful, and the quality is incredible. I love it.

kb

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 2:57 pm
I love my Tori, BECAUSE it has hardly any hair. It's almost like wearing a snood. But I told them I wanted something light, so it could be they have wigs with lots of hair too.

What I like most about Tori is that you can go in, 'shop around' see what they have, try them on, they'll even cut one special for you, and there is really no pressure to buy one! You can't lose out by going in to see what they have.

rain

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 3:10 pm
do not like my tori fall. it knots like crazy, and each hair is soooo thick, its so coarse

QUEENY

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 4:21 pm
rain wrote:
do not like my tori fall. it knots like crazy, and each hair is soooo thick, its so coarse

Mine is the same..just curious when u got yours ( Ihad mine for 2 1/2 yrs- buit dont wear it much)? Is it possible they have better pieces now? I saw a neighbor of mine with a fall she recently bought from Tori and it was so shiny and nice hair.

frankie

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 5:19 pm
I hate my Tori - and it's already a replacement. I'm not happy with the quality of the hair, and I also don't think they cut very well in the store. I have a friend who loves hers, but it's a replacement as well - she was very unhappy with the first one she got from them.

MamaBear

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 5:35 pm
Maybe I'm wrong but I wouldn't put a tori wig in the same category as a Shuly, a step lower imo. So if price doesn't matter go with a "better" brand.

MrsDuby

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 7:43 pm
sorry to slightly change the subject but is Shuly the same quality as Shevy ?

octopus

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 8:23 pm
I have a tori wig that I LOVE. It has a fantastic cut by rivi (I don't know how the others cut but rivi is amazing!) You always have to daven that you get a good piece btw. Tori has good customer service. I hear that if you buy a shuli they are nasty to you if you have problems. so customer service is something to consider as well. especially if you are plunking down a ton of $$$$. Shuly is probably considered higher end quality, but again, you can spend a lot of money and still get a lemon. so you have to really daven. My sis bought a tori as well. It wasn't a good piece and they completely replaced it. she is okay with it, and it's a beautiful sheitel, but she likes her esther aaron wig better.

rain

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 8:28 pm
QUEENY wrote:
rain wrote:

Mine is the same..just curious when u got yours ( Ihad mine for 2 1/2 yrs- buit dont wear it much)? Is it possible they have better pieces now? I saw a neighbor of mine with a fall she recently bought from Tori and it was so shiny and nice hair.

mine is about a yr and a half old. it knotted like crazy in the beginning and now just looks kind of dead. and I didnt wash it often that it should be gross after a yr and a half
again, the hair is so so coarse, im so much more into smooth sheitals

OOTsheitels

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 10:18 pm
For that much check out Kiki. Lauren Eisenberg sells kiki and often meets clients at Kiki to find perfect match. (718) 692-4778

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 10:23 pm
MrsDuby wrote:
sorry to slightly change the subject but is Shuly the same quality as Shevy ?

Again, every piece will be different. My Shuly is a lot better than my Shevy (do is the customer service).

kb

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 11:35 pm
And I have my Tori for 2 years, I wear it every day, all day long, and it looks fine. Not knotty, like everyone said it would be, and when styled correctly holds the style well for a long time between washings.

anickh

Post Wed, Jun 27 2012, 2:50 am
Thanks everyone. I'll probably just go with the shuly then since I havnt really heard anything bad yet about them, and everyones saying its higher-end then tori and because they've matched something for me that looks GORGEOUS. I mean of course there are always gonna be a few lemons like "octopus" said. so I hope all goes well. thanks again everyone for your input, I'll let u know how it turns out

groisamomma

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 4:00 am
anickh wrote:
Thanks everyone. I'll probably just go with the shuly then since I havnt really heard anything bad yet about them, and everyones saying its higher-end then tori and because they've matched something for me that looks GORGEOUS. I mean of course there are always gonna be a few lemons like "octopus" said. so I hope all goes well. thanks again everyone for your input, I'll let u know how it turns out

Why is octopus in "quotes"?

MamaBear

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 10:35 am
So that people know she's referring to "octopus" the poster versus octopus the mollusc? Smile Don't overthink it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels