Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Camp Romimu Tipping

amother

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 10:39 am
For years I heard from people that if you send to Romimu you have to overtip and how tipping is so expensive. My son if there for the 1st time and I just got the e-mail with the suggested tipping. How much am I supposed to really give? I feel funny asking people that constantly said you must overtip how much to give. I don't want to look cheap.

rae gi

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 10:53 am
Hi. I believe most parents tip mid camp as well as at the end of camp. These days, the first tip is expected on Visiting Day. This is just a low ball average range for the first tip: Counselor: $50- $75. JC: $40-$65.

Hoping your son is having a great time! Cool

amother

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 11:02 am
They are asking for a half:
Counselor: $40.00
JC: $30.00
Waiter: $30.00
Rebbe: $30.00

Am I really supposed to give more then this? And how much more for July?

rae gi

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 12:44 pm
If you wish, you can give them each $10 more than was specified, but at the end of the trip, they will expect a similar amount. Please consider that you may want to send your son back to the same camp next summer and counselors do talk among themselves about which parents were good tippers.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 1:29 pm
Noone ever told me to tip more, so I didn't. I tipped the suggested amount on visiting day. I never knew to tip again at the end of camp, do people mail it in? fyi, I didnt notice ds getting treated any differently.

lamplighter

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 1:33 pm
wow. that's a lot of money.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 3:42 pm
I worked and went to a similar style girl's camp. I think it is fine to tip the exact amount if your son thought his specific staff were just ok. If they or one was more exceptional to him than overtip five or ten more. Generally I find that if you don't give a tip at all it gets noticed or if you overtip in a strange way, like giving an overtip of one dollar in pennies which happened to me.
Also if the staff member is one who your family has a relationship with or relationship with his parents an overtip is expected.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 11:56 am
OP I was always intending to give the suggested. But I was wondering if I have to give the counselor $80.00
And I would never give $1.00 extra

amother

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 1:02 pm
The "tip" is actually their salary, doncha know? Apparently, the camp fee does not include the staff. For that, you pay extra. Hence, the "tip".

If you are new to the subject, there are already a few threads about the "tipping" issue.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 1:32 pm
OP here
I understand its their salary and they are definitely entitled to what the camp is asking for the suggested tipping. But how much am I supposed to give over that amount?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette