Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Trustowrthy Sheitel Macher in Lakewood for 'wig diagnosis'?!

studying_torah

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 7:39 am
I bought a sheitel recently in Lakewood that needs help. I took it back to the person I bought it from (more than once) and it still doesn't hold the style. I wear it 1-2 times and it looks so stringy and limp. Even just sitting on my shelf makes it droop.
However, when she styles it, it looks great, so she thinks its fine.
I need s/o trustworthy to take a look at the wig and tell mewhat is wrong w/ this piece (the hair, the cut, or s/thing else) since I can't figure it out by myself. I don't want to go to just anyone- I need s/o who really knows what they are doing, and what is wrong w/ the sheitel.
Once I know what is wrong, I can go back to the seller and tell her what needs to get done to make it wearable.
Thank you!

21young

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 8:51 am
Gitty Friedman (she lives on Tanglewood) is known for her honesty when selling shaitels, maybe take it to her for her opinion.

shlomitsmum

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 9:05 am
I had a sheitel that was limp like yours IME SM's will decline such request on grounds of shmiras haloshon because of the potential of hurting another SM's parnassa or making an enemy . ( but you could still try some of the old thread recomending Lakewood sheitel machers ).... just am idea , hope you can find help.

With my limp sheitel ...In the end I learned from a regualr hairdresser that the hair had been relaxed so I just had to learn to live with it . Maybe an OOT hairdresser or SM

Good luck.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 10:03 am
Both of my sheitels needed some baby hairs added to the hairline (this was fairly inexpensive), as they help to hold the style. My wig stylist also showed me how to put in hair clips after each wear, and this also helps hold the style.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 2:23 pm
thank u e/o for the suggestions- keep them coming~
I had asked for a wig to hold curls- I showed her a pic of exactly the style I want and she said it would hold. However, not only do the curls fall; it gets so limp and stringy like a string mop. so I don't think adding baby hairs would help....
I know what u mean about not saying LH.... but maybe s/o will be willing to help a/how. who knows. I don't have an OOT person to go to.

MamaBear

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 2:56 pm
What kind of hair is it? Cheaper processed sheitels sometimes don't hold body and waves/curls b/c they've been processed to be sleek.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 3:42 pm
no its not processed much at all- its pure european hair w/ minimal processing, no dye etc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels