Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
What to serve before the fast?

Fabulous

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 9:59 am
Maybe there's another thread, but I haven't seen it.

I need ideas. Dh said some sort of pasta is important. Any ideas of something not salty and easily made in advance.

Also, what else?

ellie23

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 10:00 am
im doing fish and a fruit platter too- they say watermelon is very good to eat before a fast. I am making a cold pesto pasta salad and will have homemade challah with a viariety of dips like gaucamole, roasted garlic, red pepper dip, olive dip...and some oatmeal cookies for dessert.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 10:01 am
I like the idea of melon and challah and dips. How do you make the pesto pasta?

Yippie

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 10:02 am
we're gonna have: egg salad, tuna salad, cheese salad, avocado salad, veg salad. watermelon.

ellie23

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 10:21 am
I am actually making my own pesto with some fresh basil and then adding it to this recipe:

8 ounces rotini pasta (Barilla is best)
1 large tomato, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 medium red pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped (optional)
1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions: 1 Cook pasta according to directions, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. 2 While pasta is cooking, chop tomato, peppers and onion into very small pieces. Add olives and mix. 3 Drain Rotini; rinse with cold water for about 3 minutes. 4 Mix pasta with tomato, peppers, onion and olives. 5 Refrigerate for about 1/2 an hour. 6 Add salad dressing(optional- im using some pesto instead); mix well. 7 Add Parmesan cheese; mix well. 8 Serve immediately.

rh1211

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 10:26 am
yes, here's the other thread: http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....90528 Five pages worth of ideas!

Fabulous

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 11:00 am
Thanks ladies!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note