Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How often do you train?

imamiri

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 7:35 pm
I mean strength training and conditioning. And for more than weight loss, but to sculpt and develop definition.

We've been having some discussions about this because one the one hand I have heard you need to allow 48 hours in between training sessions (except abs, I've heard they do not need a full 48 for recovery and 24 is fine) no matter what the program. From others I have heard as long as you are not going into muscle failure and are doing something like Jillian Michaels you can train daily.

Anyone have a clue which way is correct?

SS6099

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 7:42 pm
From what I heard, hard core training should be done no more than 2-3 times a week, with at least 48 hours in between for recovery. Abs could be done daily though.

bpgirl

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 8:54 pm
if you strength train often then you should make sure to alternate. for example monday and wed you can do legs and Tuesday and Thursday upper body you can throw in abs always

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 9:16 pm
my best results were when I took 12 classes a week and did machines. I didn't do both weights and cardio every day, though; I alternated.

imamiri

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 10:39 pm
Thanks all. I'm loving training so much I want to do it everyday. I do cardio every day in the form of bicycling. Love love bike lanes an appreciate them more than ever.

I'll move to a rotation of upper body on day and lower the next.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise