Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Vegetable chopper "Alligator style" - recommendati

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 26 2012, 8:42 pm
I don't know which forum is better, this or kosher kitchen, but I figure I'll have enough foodies here that I'll start here. Any recommendations for vegetable chopper - I have Israeli salad especially in mind? I'm looking for value for price and easy cleaning. Thanks!

LoveMy2Kids

Post Thu, Jul 26 2012, 8:53 pm
I have this one - http://www.bedbathandbeyond.co.....6052.

It's cheap, use the $5 off coupon to bring the price even lower.

It's not so easy to clean though. The best part about buying it at Bed Bath and Beyond is that you can return it at anytime should anything break or crack.

Happy18

Post Thu, Jul 26 2012, 9:13 pm
I have the same one. I really like it. To clean it I leave the cutting piece in a bowl of water and it usually cleans easily after a soak.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 26 2012, 9:44 pm
Yes, that's the one you want.
I have the same reviews as the previous posters.

baker1

Post Thu, Jul 26 2012, 10:05 pm
I Have a different one that I love! Its called Norpro big mouth chopper. It is so good! I bought one for my sister and she loves it too!
Norpro chopper

happy mom1

Post Thu, Jul 26 2012, 10:07 pm
Another vote for the one from bed bath & beyond!

bnm

Post Thu, Jul 26 2012, 10:56 pm
I have something similar to the NorPro but from Nicer Dicer. very easy to clean, all the parts are removable

shanie5

Post Fri, Jul 27 2012, 12:00 am
I also vote for the vidalia onion chopper. I bought it specifically for Israeli salad. Walmart has a similar one from progressive (I think) that is just as good. Some only have one blade, I like the 2 blades better.

Annie

Post Fri, Jul 27 2012, 12:12 am
another vote for the vidalia onion chopper (the one in the BBB link). I make my israeli salad in it all the time, and dice all my onions in it. the little scraper comb is the best way to clean it, just do it right away. We love ours so much we bought another one for pesach, and we buy them as gifts.

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Jul 27 2012, 12:19 am
What a shame. Someone bought me one of these as a wedding gift, but I tossed it because it smelled like onions and I suspected it had been used before it was gifted to me. Now I want one...

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jul 27 2012, 7:51 am
Thanks!

ewa-jo

Post Fri, Jul 27 2012, 8:31 am
I love my mandolin slicer.

http://www.amazon.com/Swissmar.....oline

It makes nice chopped salads (you use the thick blades for israeli salad and the thin blades for coleslaw type salads) an also, it's great for slicing stuff, like potatoes for scalloped potatoes or carrots for soup... every slice comes out perfect and even. People always think I spent a million years chopping my vegetables for the salads that I serve, but I just use this slicer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics