Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Coffee maker

shmaichul

Post Sun, Jun 17 2012, 11:28 am
I'm looking to buy a coffee maker for my husband that makes good coffee, and that has a timer on it that he can set them night before and have it ready when he gets up... Any suggestions? Thanks!

babula

Post Sun, Jun 17 2012, 3:08 pm
The 12 cup cuisinart makes good hot coffee and lets you set it up the night before

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Jun 17 2012, 6:22 pm
The Keurig is meant to be really good (there is a se range?) dh is desperate for one...if he wants it it must be good lol.

achayl

Post Sun, Jun 17 2012, 7:10 pm
I love my Keurig! I have the Platinum one, and can now make iced teas/coffee too.

shmaichul

Post Sun, Jun 17 2012, 7:53 pm
Do they keurig ones have a timer on them? I looked for a second on Amazon and it seemed like it takes 4min to warm up... Thanks!

mimimom

Post Thu, Jul 26 2012, 11:50 am
The pods for the Keurig are almost a dollar a pop! and if you like strong coffee you need two.
I have a Cuisinart--the one that even grinds the coffee (heaven)--and I set it up every night. The grinder wakes me up in the morning, and the smell of the freshly ground coffee brewing pulls me right out of bed!
I've had it for at least 4 years, using it every day, and it's being 100% reliable. Of course, I'm spoiled beyond belief at this point. Wink

MrsDash

Post Thu, Jul 26 2012, 1:36 pm
The pods can add up fast, and if he is a serious coffee drinker, you'll be laying out a lot of $$$. I'd suggest getting the "Gevalia" deal. You get a drip coffee maker, and it has a timer on it to set it the night before. Plus 4 free boxes of coffee for $9.99 with no shipping charges. You just have to make sure you cancel the membership after receiving the coffee maker, or they'll start sending you coffee every month, and charging for it.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 26 2012, 2:17 pm
I got that Gevalia deal once upon a time. After it broke, years and year later, I never found the same quality like that in the stores.

sheindl

Post Thu, Jul 26 2012, 2:20 pm
mimimom wrote:
The pods for the Keurig are almost a dollar a pop! and if you like strong coffee you need two.
I have a Cuisinart--the one that even grinds the coffee (heaven)--and I set it up every night. The grinder wakes me up in the morning, and the smell of the freshly ground coffee brewing pulls me right out of bed!
I've had it for at least 4 years, using it every day, and it's being 100% reliable. Of course, I'm spoiled beyond belief at this point. Wink

Which model is it?

mimimom

Post Fri, Jul 27 2012, 7:16 am
sheindl wrote:
mimimom wrote:

Which model is it?

It's a Cuisinart DGB-600BC Grind & Brew. I don't think they sell that model anymore--as I said I've had it for over 4years--but I'm sure there's a more up-to-date equivalent.
Enjoy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars