Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Attention Preschool Morahs

amother

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 11:49 am
If you had/have a music teacher weekly, what would/do you expect of her? Although I have lots of musical experience, I've never been a teacher for preschool and I just applied to work with 2-4 year olds.I'm giving a demo next week and I'm really nervous - any songs or tips?

miami85

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 1:43 pm
Music with motions/actions. Predictable and distinct rhythyms.

groisamomma

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 1:54 pm
I remember "Morah Ethel" with her accordion from when I was growing up. Such fun!

Maybe do a gradual build-up like the first five minutes tell the kids to clap when they get to a certain word in a song, then practice it with them a few times then move to the next part of the song and have them stamp, then practice and combine all. Continue till you have an entire song with motions.

QUEENY

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 2:42 pm
I was a teacher for 2 yrs. olds and the music teacher sang songs related to out theme. She had puppets and other additions that were related to the song.. Like if she sang a song about leaves. She gave out leaves for the kids to throw. Around thanksgiving she had a turkey puppet. ..or she wore a costume or a hat related to the theme. SHe always started off by singing a hello song woth each kid's name.

naomi2

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 4:10 pm
maybe also work on goals like listening skills through; stop and go, changing motions, directions for fast-slow-loud-soft, also turn-taking, rhythm, etc...
good luck!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics