Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vacation to Israel- packing ideas.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 7:31 pm
I'm packing for my trip to Israel.

I would love if anyone who traveled for vacation would just 'throw out' ideas of stuff to pack.
I don't want to forget anything important.

Thanks!

amother

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 12:14 am
sunscreen, camera with extra batteries

shoshanarena

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 12:17 am
Plug converter!

Liba

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 12:17 am
Medications.

Money, credit cards. Smile If you have those pretty much anything else you "forgot" can be replaced.

Tablepoetry

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 12:22 am
Hats/caps for sun protection. Of course you can buy them here, but if you have a specific style or hat you or your kids like, bring. Very important.
I don't think there's any need for anything long sleeved. Even in the colder cities (Jerusalem, Tzfat) I believe the evenings are still stifling hot....maybe others here can correct me though. So just summer clothes. (OK, a sweater for the airplane. Gets real cold there).
Crocs or flip flops for the beach/pool.

grace413

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 12:22 am
Prescription meds, OTC meds.

Tamiri

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 4:46 am
All manner of protection from the sun: sunscreen, sunglasses, hat with brim, shirts that give as much coverage to the neck area as possible.
Comfortable shoes and cotton socks if you wear them and if you don't wear sandals
Bike shorts for under your skirt if heat causes chafing
Clothes that breath - go for comfort over style. No one cares what you are wearing most places here.
Decent credit card that won't milk you in commissions
Converters if you come with a hair dryer, shaver, recharger, phone etc. Plugs in Israel are not the same as U.S. (if you are coming from the U.S.)
Batteries if you have anything battery operated
Simple first aid: band aids, cream - just in case you need them
Package of wipes so you don't have to run out and buy here
Good reusable water bottles if you don't want to buy here

ewa-jo

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 5:01 am
Tablepoetry wrote:
Hats/caps for sun protection. Of course you can buy them here, but if you have a specific style or hat you or your kids like, bring. Very important.
I don't think there's any need for anything long sleeved. Even in the colder cities (Jerusalem, Tzfat) I believe the evenings are still stifling hot....maybe others here can correct me though. So just summer clothes. (OK, a sweater for the airplane. Gets real cold there).

Don't go shopping in Mea Shearim if you are wearing short sleeves...lol.

Tamiri

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 5:09 am
I always wear short sleeves (not cap, but short - almost to the elbow by design, not by choice) and have NEVER encountered any problems. And, no socks in the summer. They want to sell - they be nice, as long as I am not offensive.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 5:21 am
- Good sturdy sandals and/or sneakers. If you are trying to choose from among your show wardrobe, go for comfort over looks. Your feet will thank you.

- If you are going to the Dead Sea, or on water walks, bring some type of show you can wear in water: crocs, Shoresh-type sandals, an old pair of sneakers you don't mind getting soggy.

- A good sun hat.

- Sunscreen.

- lightweight, easily washable clothing. Nothing that needs to be dry-cleaned!

I don't know what else... you can buy most things here.

Liba

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 5:26 am
Very Happy MrMom have you been in the Dead Sea in Crocs? Wink I tried it once. It was an experience.

http://www.familyvacationcriti...../art/ http://www.travelpacklist.net/.....=page I googled packing lists before our last vacation. A lot of stuff wasn't applicable at all, but it was a good starting place for me to make a list of my own. Some of it was really amusing as well.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 5:32 am
ewa-jo wrote:
Tablepoetry wrote:

Don't go shopping in Mea Shearim if you are wearing short sleeves...lol.
ewa-jo, I have gone to meah shearim in sandals and short sleeves in the summer. nobody batted an eye at all.

And to the OP, I would bring water bottles, the kind you buy in a store and reuse over and over or canteens so that you dont have to keep on buying more and more.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 11:39 am
OP here.

Thank you so much!!!
I'm sitting here with a pen and paper and I'm like, "oh, yeah! right. also this... and that!"
I really appreciate your input. With so much to pack, I'm bound to miss something important.
Also, some things you only know from experience. Like a sweater on the plane or bike shorts under your skirt and of course, a plug converter!

You are the best!
Keep 'em coming!

DrMom

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 1:28 pm
Liba wrote:
Very Happy MrMom have you been in the Dead Sea in Crocs? Wink I tried it once. It was an experience.

http://www.familyvacationcriti...../art/ http://www.travelpacklist.net/.....=page I googled packing lists before our last vacation. A lot of stuff wasn't applicable at all, but it was a good starting place for me to make a list of my own. Some of it was really amusing as well.

Nope, I don't own crocs. They are too wide for my feet.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 6:50 pm
Liba wrote:

Thanks for the links.
They were great and very helpful!

Isher

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 7:16 pm
Make sure you remember to take your (or dh) drivers license. We were already on a chartered bus when we realized that my dh left his on the dresser. We asked the driver to wait and quickly drove home to get it. On the way to the house I remembered that I forgot to pack Sidurim and Tehillims, so we took that as well.

Hashemlovesme

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 10:23 pm
sunglasses!!!!!!!!!!!
maybe a Hebrew/English dictionary
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics