Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Teacher's Gift - is this nice enough?

newmommy1

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 8:15 pm
I ordered personalized travel mugs for my son's morahs but I wanted to give something else along with it.
Should I continue the 'theme' and give packets of gourmet coffee/cocoa and/or tea gift set (in a chest for example)? Is that nice enough? Would they appreciate that?
Or should I just get gift cards to a store so they can choose whatever they'd like?
Of course, I'll add a personalized note.
TIA

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 8:23 pm
I think the mug is nice and since you already ordered it, why don't you keep the theme going? You can use the mug as the base of the basket and arrange the gourmet coffees, etc around it. You can put brown packing. I think it is a very cute idea. I like the personal note best. I hope you include it even if you don't go with the gift card.

groisamomma

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 8:37 pm
Oh, I would love this gift! I use my travel mug for coffee every morning, it's the perfect gift for a teacher. The note is the main thing...no reason to include a gift card and all the coffee supplies. What a cute idea!

Happy18

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 8:46 pm
I'll give a teachers perspective. I don't care about the presents, I just want a nice note from each of my students parents. It never ceases to amaze me how it is always the easiest students who give a gift with a nice note at the end of the yr.

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 10:26 pm
Happy18 wrote:
I'll give a teachers perspective. I don't care about the presents, I just want a nice note from each of my students parents. It never ceases to amaze me how it is always the easiest students who give a gift with a nice note at the end of the yr.

Not so amazing. It is the same thought and caring those women put into whatever they do.whether it is thanking someone graciously or raising their children or being a good friend, etc. They are conscious of details.

OTOH, the converse is true when you are barely holding on by your fingernails the kids are going to reflect your problems and things like gracious thank yous go by the wayside.

Happy18

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 10:29 pm
Squishy wrote:
Happy18 wrote:

Not so amazing. It is the same thought and caring those women put into whatever they do.whether it is thanking someone graciously or raising their children or being a good friend, etc. They are conscious of details.

OTOH, the converse is true when you are barely holding on by your fingernails the kids are going to reflect your problems and things like gracious thank yous go by the wayside.

Very true.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics