Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Will YOU be returning your ticket to El AL?

amother

Post Thu, Aug 09 2012, 2:30 pm
It is easy to say what you would do if you hypothetically got the tickets but for people who ACTUALLY got the tickets are you going to be returning them?

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Aug 09 2012, 2:35 pm
I was waiting for this question! So far everyone who said it wasn't right hadn't bought it themselves. Can't wait to see the anwers!

Last edited by amother on Fri, Aug 21 2020, 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Fox

Post Thu, Aug 09 2012, 2:44 pm
I don't know anyone who successfully purchased them, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who will return them. I hope their stories get as much publicity and attention as the beginning of the saga.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 09 2012, 2:53 pm
amother wrote:
It is easy to say what you would do if you hypothetically got the tickets but for people who ACTUALLY got the tickets are you going to be returning them?
I have family members who had bought tickets and forfeited them during the Shabbos-issue boycott. And that was losing the actual ticket, whatever money they paid for them- gone.

IMHopinion

Post Thu, Aug 09 2012, 3:08 pm
I didn't buy any tickets.
I don't think it's 100percent right. But I still think I wouldn't return my tickets since there's nothing halachakly wrong with it either. It's one of those grey areas.

If El Al would charge your $2700 in error, instead of $2200, would they admit later that they charged more by mistake and return the money? Or would they just keep it quiet and enjoy the extra income?

shalhevet

Post Thu, Aug 09 2012, 3:13 pm
IMHopinion wrote:

I don't think it's 100percent right. But I still think I wouldn't return my tickets since there's nothing halachakly wrong with it either. It's one of those grey areas.

Really? Not that I know enough about it, but has anyone checked with a rav familiar with all the details? Is this a psak you heard or are you Rav Troll?

Quote:
If El Al would charge your $2700 in error, instead of $2200, would they admit later that they charged more by mistake and return the money? Or would they just keep it quiet and enjoy the extra income?

I would be pretty sure a big company like El Al would return the money.

tizunabi

Post Thu, Aug 09 2012, 3:26 pm
I know people who bought 8 roundtrip tickets. I highly doubt they will be returning the tickets. All their children live there and they spend a big chunk of the year in Israel. They probably will pay the extra money to fly non-stop though.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 09 2012, 4:00 pm
I bought 4 tickets. The psak halacha I saw was that it was permissable to keep them, returning them is lifnim meshuras hadin.

El Al is honoring them. I am using these for my pilot trip for Aliya which I hope to do next summer. I have been postponing the pilot trip for 2 years because of finances. There is no way I would be able to go to Israel otherwise.

I don't think I will be returning them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions