Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Stop buying Eucerin and Aquafor.

Ashrei

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 10:39 am
I received the following forward. I'm also enclosing a link to an article following up on it.

updated info: http://www.israelnationalnews......ChD3U

forward I received:
NIVEA Cuts Israel From Middle East List, Adds "Palestinian Territories"
German Firm Cuts Israel From Middle East List, Adds "Palestinian Territories"

When any company boycotts, or simply refuses to recognize the Jewish State, I refuse to do business with such people. Whether due to Judenhass, or merely misguided sympathy for the “oppressed” Arab-muslims of the region, or possibly to be able to market in the muslim world, they have decided to do business with the enemies of the Jewish Nation and to exclude me – and you too – from their potential customer base. That is their business decision, and we are obliged to honor it!

Nivea is one of the largest, global skin- and body-care brands and is owned by the German company Beiersdorf.

In addition to NIVEA, they produce other internationally successful brands such as Eucerin, Aquaphor, Nivea For Men, La Prairie, Labello, 8x4, and Hansaplast/ Elastoplast.

There are dozens of competitive brands from which you can make your choice of products, including Este Lauder, a firm dedicated to the support of Israel and the Jewish People.

Please note that the company which sells NIVEA removed Israel from the list of countries in the Middle East, and wrote instead, "Palestinian territories." Dear friends, please remove Nivea from your shopping list!

Israel Boycotted By Nivea! Simon Wiesenthal Center Expresses Outrage In Letter To German Cosmetics Company

by: EJP
Updated: 11/JUL/2012 09:00

PARIS (EJP)---The Simon Wiesenthal Center expressed outrage at the fact that Nivea apparently removed the State of Israel from the list of its client countries in the Middle East and replaced it with "Palestine territories".
In a letter to German cosmetics company Beiersdorf Chairman, Thomas Quaas, at his Hamburg headquarters, the Centre's Director for International Relations, Shimon Samuels, expressed amazement "that a German company would, allegedly, implement a genocidal policy recommendation of Iranian President Ahmadinejad to '"wipe the Jewish state off the map'".
The Centre demanded "an immediate investigation into the images of '"Boycott Israel" slogans scrawled across Nivea posters, the prompt punishment and dismissal of the perpetrators, the reinstatement of Israel and an apology for this offence to the Jewish people".
"Mr. Chairman just as hate speech presages hate crime, so virtual Holocaust aspires to its recurrence. This is one cosmetic that Nivea should not be selling", concluded Samuels.
In August already, Israeli-American actress and model Becky Griffin complained to the company that she could not select Israel as a location on the Nivea website.
"I was very surprised to find out that according to you, my country, Israel is good enough to sell your products in, but not worth being a part of the rest of the world. When asked to select my location on your website I couldn't do so,” she then wrote in a letter to Beiersdorf.
At the time the German company claimed that the reason Israel was not listed on its website was not due to a boycott but is because there was no local marketing platform that customers could be directed to.
It said that Israel’s branch is managed by Greece.

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 11:07 am
Do you know the name of the replacement product?

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 11:27 am
The article you linked to is over a year old...

DrMom

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 12:56 pm
The problem seems to have been rectified. I just went to the Nivea website and found Israel listed.

jflower

Post Tue, Aug 14 2012, 9:06 am
Dr Mom, you're right about Israel being listed on the nivea international page in internet explorer. For some reason, though, Palestinian territories and not Israel shows up on the same page in firefox 14.

Happy18

Post Tue, Aug 14 2012, 11:21 am
That is very strange

bluebird

Post Tue, Aug 14 2012, 10:46 pm
According to this article, this happened because Nivea didn't have any distributors in Israel or a Hebrew web site. The Palestinian Territories also had no distributor, but because Nivea had Arabic web sites they just linked to those.

They created a Hebrew site, and it's there now.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars