Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Morah's favorite cd's?

Shmaichel

Post Sun, Sep 02 2012, 11:14 pm
If you are a preschool Morah, what are your favorite/ most used cd's in your classroom.
Looking to buy some new ones for my class...
TIA!

leah66

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 8:34 am
Uncle Moishy Jewish Holidays

Music and movement

opinionatedbubby

Post Thu, Sep 06 2012, 9:36 pm
Oh boy! This is my subject. I am so excited that these ANCIENT tapes that my kids were raised on - the Mitzva Tree series -were just made into CD's. The music is clanky piano music,, but not hard to listen to, and the songs are simple and great! "We open one eye we open two" and other songs that everyone sings come from there. It's Mitzva Time , I Hear a Mitzvah (yom tov songs), and the Shabbos one are the best.
I am also in love with the Dov Dov series, but not so much for preschool classrooms.
Moving along to the 21st century, I love the Morah Music series- music and movement- There are 3 of them, and a fourth with a boy vocalist instead of Morah Music herself, as the others are. The Yom Tov one was a big disappointment, tho'.
I'm not fond of Uncle Moishie , but the kids do like them. Captain Dovid, if you can find them, has nice relaxing songs.
Good Luck.

cm

Post Thu, Sep 06 2012, 9:57 pm
I'm not a preschool morah, but I love good music for kids!

This is one of my family's favorites. The musical arrangement is simple, the singer's voice is clear and pleasant, and the songs are tailor-made for teaching Hebrew vocabulary words and holidays.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics