Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Help me remember title of this recent book please

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Sep 24 2012, 3:15 pm
This is a Jewish book, probably one of the main frum publishing houses published in the past 6 months or so. I can't remember the title or author, but this is the general story line:

A Yerushalmi family has a mentally handicapped son who is institutionalized in a Catholic institution. Father goes regularly to bring him food but keeps it a secret to everyone. Mother thinks child died. Family are oil merchants. Some how (don't remember if father tells her or she follows him once) oldest daughter finds out about this and takes over bringing the food after the father can't (don't remember if died or was sick). Someone sees her going to this place and tells others so it breaks off her shidduch because they think she is under their influence. Somehow after many years, the secret comes out and people realize how wrong they were and I think she eventually marries the original shidduch. That's the general gist of it.

Is this familiar to anyone who could tell me the title and/or author?

TIA

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Sep 24 2012, 3:36 pm
I got the answer -- my DD in EY remembers the details of every book. It wasn't a book itself, but rather a sub plot in Mexico Files.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room