Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Things to do for two and a half year old and family yrshlm

amother

Post Sun, Sep 23 2012, 4:05 pm
Hi.

We will be in Yerushalayim for Yom Tov and are looking for ideas of what to do before y't and on chol hamoed. We will in the David Citadel/Mamilla area and will have access to a car.

Ds like animals, technology and parks that have age appropriate equipment like swings, slides etc...

Anything interesting to do chol hamoed?

Any interesting parks in the area for y't and shabbos?

TIA

shalhevet

Post Sun, Sep 23 2012, 4:43 pm
The Biblical Zoo, of course.

Simchas beis hashoevas at night - there is the Toldos Aharon one in Meah Shearim which is walking distance for you on 2nd night YT for you.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 23 2012, 5:03 pm
shalhevet wrote:
The Biblical Zoo, of course.

Simchas beis hashoevas at night - there is the Toldos Aharon one in Meah Shearim which is walking distance for you on 2nd night YT for you.

Thanks! Where is the biblical zoo?

Ds would not be able to sit still for any of the simchas bais hasheovos. Plus I don't really enjoy them either because I get claustrophobic and I can't see anything anyway.

shabri

Post Sun, Sep 23 2012, 5:09 pm
Biblical zoo is near matcha. You need to drive/cab over. There is a really nice new park off of King George. It's about a 10 minute walk from the citadel. You can cut through gan Haatzmaut and its at the end.

For non chag days kiftzuba is fun for the kids. It's past Mevaseret about 15 minutes out of Yerushalaim.

2 great websites are funinjerusalem.com and kidsloveisrael.com

amother

Post Mon, Sep 24 2012, 4:31 pm
Thanks so much! What's kiftzuba?

Off to check out these websites.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 02 2012, 5:28 pm
Hi ladies,

I checked out the biblical zoo online. What's it any different than any other zoo? We go to the zoo almost every chol hamoed, I'm a bit bored of it already.

The gymboree type stuff looks interesting but dh is going to say it's not "israeli" because they have similar stuff in NY that dc has done.

We went to the playground in Gan Paamonim today and we really enjoyed. Oh, and we went to the kosel tonight.

Open to more suggestions.

Thanks again!

achot613

Post Wed, Oct 03 2012, 1:50 pm
I reccomend ein yael- right near the biblical zoo/Malcha. So many diff activities are there like making fresh pita or making frescos, pottery...
I agree You can find much better parks and museums in Ny but this is gr8 if ur looking for something Israeli. Enjoy. Also neot kedumim is nice and has activities like making a pillow, making coins.....it's near modiin

Insomniac

Post Wed, Oct 03 2012, 2:11 pm
He's 2.5, any ol' park will be good for him! Smile The question is things that are fun for you and tolerant for him. I heard good reviews about park Begin, Rannana Park and then there is always the Safari/zoo. And it IS Israeli, no matter if the parks are similar to Central Park because you are in Israel! The majority is Jewish and enjoying the Chag!
Whatever you do, Enjoy it!!!!

amother

Post Wed, Oct 03 2012, 2:15 pm
Thanks ladies,

We did the yantuka today (a gymboree type thing) then mamilla mall and a bit of the old city.

Tomorrow will be visiting family

Maybe friday we will do one of the other interesting parks or the other ideas. Thanks again.

merelyme

Post Wed, Oct 03 2012, 7:35 pm
yaschott wrote:
I reccomend ein Yael- right near the biblical zoo/Malcha. So many diff activities are there like making fresh pita or making frescos, pottery...
I agree You can find much better parks and museums in Ny but this is gr8 if ur looking for something Israeli. Enjoy. Also neot kedumim is nice and has activities like making a pillow, making coins.....it's near modiin

These are great but many of the activities are maaseh uman (craftsman's work/skilled labor), which is assur on chol hamoed.

The Biblical Zoo has things to do that are a bit different, including petting the fish and its new alligator exhibit. http://www.jerusalemzoo.org.il/len/

Of course, you're located right near Ir David, which is a great place to explore.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions