Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Essential Oils

smilingmom

Post Thu, Sep 27 2012, 7:46 am
Has anyone tried essential oils for themselves or their families?
What were your results?
I have given my DD lavender to help her fall asleep and it worked great, but I have used other oils and it is hard to measure the success.
For example, I used oils (tarragon, juniper and anise) for preventing stomach problems and they seem to work, but since the stomach aches are not everyday occurrences, it is hard to tell if that is what helped.

smilingmom

Post Thu, Sep 27 2012, 9:58 pm
Bump

Post Thu, Sep 27 2012, 11:18 pm
I used pine and eucalyptus oil to help with my breathing. I have asthma. I got rid of my inhalers which made me very jittery.

Kugglegirl

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 12:38 am
Used citronella, lemon grass & I think rosemary mixed in water 1) for DD to spray at camp to keep bugs away 2)at home when we had bed bugs & it reduced the biting over night until we could get rid of them.

cbsmommy

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 2:10 am
If memory serves correctly rosemary essential oil and epileptics = a very dangerous combination.

Also lemongrass in your kitchen = a powerful roach deterrent.

smilingmom

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 5:46 am
Squishy wrote:
I used pine and eucalyptus oil to help with my breathing. I have asthma. I got rid of my inhalers which made me very jittery.

I have a kid with severe asthma.
Did you inhale the oils?
What proportion did you use?
Does it work as preventative, or do you use it when you have difficulty breathing?
Thanks,

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 8:58 am
smilingmom wrote:
Squishy wrote:

I have a kid with severe asthma.
Did you inhale the oils?
What proportion did you use?
Does it work as preventative, or do you use it when you have difficulty breathing?
Thanks,

I used to put them on my upper lip. There also was a necklace with a mini glass teardrop without the top someone gave me which would hold the oil. I sometimes put it in my bath. The proportions were more or less equal. For me, it works as preventive when I have difficulties breathing. I have not had real distress in years, but I would use my inhaler or head to the emergency room if I were in danger.

shanie5

Post Wed, Oct 03 2012, 11:03 pm
I won a bottle of peppermint oil. When s/o has a headache, we rub a drop of the oil on the temples. Headache leaves.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars