Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
GRRRR My DD cut my BRAND NEW SWEATER

amother

Post Mon, Oct 22 2012, 5:15 pm
So I finally found a sweater that I really like and looks good on me. It was $25 at target (plus size). Anyways, I was cleaning up and I found tiny pieces of gray material, then I realized it was pieces of my sweater! I got really upset, figured out which child did it. I tried not to get too mad (shes only 5). But I told her that she is not allowed to use scissors for a long, long, time! I hope she realized how upset I was.

What really bothers me too is that I "splurged" on the sweater, yes I know it was only $25 but at this point money is really tight Sad and I just dont have the money to go buy a replacement.

Grrr I guess this is just a VENT because there is there is not much to do.

Thanks for listening. I feel a little bit better. Crying

amother

Post Mon, Oct 22 2012, 5:26 pm
If it makes you feel any better, my dd cut up her own- and she's 9. Her excuse was that the tag on her (brand new and tried on in the store) sweater itched and she was cutting it out- but it didn't work and she figured she may as well cut the rest! Sad

amother

Post Mon, Oct 22 2012, 5:30 pm
Ok it made me feel a tiny bit better.

amother

Ok it made me feel a tiny bit better.

seeker

Sorry Sad That's super frustrating!

zaq

Post Mon, Oct 22 2012, 5:41 pm
Did she really cut it up into pieces? If you're handy with a needle, or have a good pal who is, it might be possible to repair the damage if she didn't take it apart completely. Matching yarn would be best, but if you can't match it, contrasting yarn (I'm visualizing a deep, rich fuchsia or magenta) can be used to give the sweater a "patchwork" look--you might need to add stitching like embroidery in places where the fabric is whole to make it all look like a deliberate pattern--et voila, you have just customized your sweater and started a new fashion trend.

If the damage is too severe for restoration-and-repair, let it be for a kapparah. better a shredded sweater than ch"v a bodily injury. At her chuppah you'll laugh about this.

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Oct 22 2012, 6:43 pm
Totally know how you feel. My son cut my week old winter coat a few years ago....I am still wearing it. I spent months looking for one that meet my criteria and style, I was so angry at the time.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 22 2012, 8:05 pm
zaq wrote:
Did she really cut it up into pieces? If you're handy with a needle, or have a good pal who is, it might be possible to repair the damage if she didn't take it apart completely. Matching yarn would be best, but if you can't match it, contrasting yarn (I'm visualizing a deep, rich fuchsia or magenta) can be used to give the sweater a "patchwork" look--you might need to add stitching like embroidery in places where the fabric is whole to make it all look like a deliberate pattern--et voila, you have just customized your sweater and started a new fashion trend.

If the damage is too severe for restoration-and-repair, let it be for a kapparah. better a shredded sweater than ch"v a bodily injury. At her chuppah you'll laugh about this.

I would love to be able to fix it but its not possible there are too many holes and cuts. :-( It should be a kapparah and my dh said he will go back to target to get me it. I hope they still have my size and color left. Yay!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children