Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Best stroller for twins? City Select? Bumbleride? etc?

amother

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 6:53 pm
I am looking for a durable, easy to maneuver, double stroller that is compatible with 2 car seats at a time.

What is better to get - one with two seats next to each other? Or one in front of the other? Which one is easier to push/more convenient?

So far it seems like the Baby Jogger City Select looks great - however I can't see how it would be normal to maneuver with two kids one in front of the other since I've never seen it in action with 2 kids riding in it. It very well may be, however I would like opinions from people who have it. Do you like it? Are you happy you got it? Was it a good investment?

The other one that looks good is the Bumbleride Indie double - this one is side-by-side. Is it hard to maneuver and push? Can you get it through doorways? Can you fit two car seats in it at once?

Any other ideas would be great too. Thanks.

Sherri

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 7:44 pm
I wonder if there are reviews about the Mountain Buggy Duet with both car-seats.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 7:57 pm
This is what I did for my now four year old twins.
When they are infants, get a double snap and go. It is hard to push but it makes getting out with two infants so much easier. Unless you never plan to really go on the car with them, then I highly recommend the double snapngo.
Then is depends on your needs.. this is what I did: I took them on a ton of walks so I got the baby jogger city elite, which is awsome, so easy to push and it fits through doorways easily. I still push them in it on long Shabbos walks. For the car I got a lighter weight cheaper stroller, but if I were to take them somewhere where they would need to be in the stroller for a long time, I'd still bring the big baby jogger because it seemed so much more comfortable. This worked for us, but totally depends on your needs, if you plan on walking a lot with them or not etc..

sky

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 8:11 pm
speak to people who have had the bumberied duo for a long time before buying to hear about its durability. the only 2 people I know in real life who owned it (one in NY and one in Israel) both had the frame crack within the first year of owning it. The company did replace it because it was still under warranty.
One of them replaced it with a mountain buggy and said the frame of the bumbleride was garbage when compared to the mountain buggy.

rac429

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 9:15 pm
I have 7 month old twins and I bought the Bumbleride Indie Twin. I am extremely happy with it so far. The frame is made out of the same material as my Uppababy, it is very sturdy and I have had no problems with it. I use the double snap n go right now when I go out because that's just the easiest way to get around. The bumbleride can fit one car seat and then I think you need to buy an adapter to fit the other car seat. It may just be worth it to buy the double snap n go. The only thing I don't like about the stroller is that I could not see my babies when they were little. I saw someone pushing Stroll Air Duo and the babies can face you. You can also look into the Bugaboo Donkey although it may be out of your price range.

ntm1

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 10:37 pm
My twins are 2 years old now and we are extremely happy with our bumbleride!. I use it very often and have not had 1 problem with it- it fits through all standard doors. Like every1 else said, for the first year its worth it to get a double snap and go when you want to keep them in their car seats(which will probably be pretty often) after that we got got a second hand double maclaren for the car.
the Bumbleride is really easy to maneuver.
rac429- I felt the same way as you in regards to facing my kids

spring13

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 10:53 pm
Check out the Britax B-Ready, it can hold 2 car seats or 2 regular seats and is a little more compact than a City Select. I've seen it highly recommended for twins.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Oct 25 2012, 8:37 pm
I agree w/ the poster that said to get the double snap n go if you'll be using a car.

I kept the snap n go in the car, and have a Bumbleride Indie Twin that we keep in the house. After they got bigger, we got a City Mini for the car.

My twins are 2, and I put loads of groceries in the Bumbleride's basket. We've had the stroller for 1 and a half years and it's holding up very well.

If they had the Mountain Buggy duet when I was in the market, I would have looked into that. I do like the Bumbleride b/c of the canopies, and it actually comes with belly bars and rain cover. It also pushes well over all terrain.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more