Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
2 week trip to israel

aeg770

Post Mon, Oct 29 2012, 12:58 pm
Hi all!

I'm going to Israel in 2 weeks with DH, 5 m/o baby and my MIL... We're taking my MIL to visit her mother, çause they haven't seen each other in 20 years... the mother is very old (in her 90's) and sick, and is probably the last time tey'll have the opportunity to see each other until Moshiach comes. We're looking for accomodation in Jerusalem, çause we're taking my MIL in her first trip to EY (or anywhere else since she came from Morrocco to Brazil in the 50's). we want to spend one or both our shabbos in Jerusalem too... any ideas??? my DH's grandma lives in a nursing home in ashkelon, and his aunt's house (ashkelon also) isn't kosher/shomer shabbos. so staying there isn't an option.
also, we'll need to rent a car, any thoughts on a cheap car rental company??? (baby plus 70 y/o MIL makes it hard for bus transportation...)

thanks a lot

amother

Post Mon, Oct 29 2012, 3:21 pm
wow, maybe hire a photographer to come along for this reunion.

Marion

Post Tue, Oct 30 2012, 3:59 am
For the rental, keep an eye on anglodeals.com. They're like a groupon unit and occasionally a two or three day car rental voucher turns up. You can usually buy more than one and they're almost always limited to weekday use. Keep in mind the cost of gas...over $8/gallon!

DrMom

Post Tue, Oct 30 2012, 5:07 am
Aside from Shabbatot in Jerusalem, are you planning on staying in the Ashkelon area?

aeg770

Post Tue, Oct 30 2012, 12:00 pm
for the first 3 deys we'll be in ashkelon, one shabbos we want jerusalem and the other I was thinking about tzefat
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions