Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Cell phone insurance

rainbow

Post Sun, Nov 04 2012, 10:17 pm
I have an HTC Evo 4. Does anyone know of an insurance plan that would cover theft, breakage, water spills, etc.?

Post Sun, Nov 04 2012, 10:21 pm
rainbow wrote:
I have an HTC Evo 4. Does anyone know of an insurance plan that would cover theft, breakage, water spills, etc.?

I have the same phone and it is insured through Sprint. I have $100.00 deductible. The glass on my phone keeps breaking even though I have a $47.00 phone case to protect it. They have said they are canceling my policy because I had three claims.

rainbow

Post Sun, Nov 04 2012, 10:26 pm
Is it insured through Sprint cuz you have cell service through them?
So do I need to get cell insurance through my service provider, unlike the iphones where y'can get insurance through GoCare and others?

Post Sun, Nov 04 2012, 10:30 pm
IDK my husband arranged the insurance. I was paying $125.00 to replace the glass each time it broke. Are you starting to see the reoccurring problem with this phone? I never throw it or abuse it in any way.

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, Nov 04 2012, 11:27 pm
my insurance is from a company called worth avenue, they are highly rated. they cover damage (like putting through the washing machine, something I have now done twice) and theft. $55 a year.

rainbow

Post Sun, Nov 04 2012, 11:43 pm
Mine is new, a week old. I'll look into Worth Ave.

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, Nov 04 2012, 11:47 pm
I'm on number four. first one, stolen right before my eyes when I lay it on a counter to pay for something. the next two, laundry.

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 3:48 am
vintagebknyc wrote:
I'm on number four. first one, stolen right before my eyes when I lay it on a counter to pay for something. the next two, laundry.

You washed your cell phone? Please explain. This sounds pretty funny.

I am so frustrated with the screen cracking all the time. I never had that with any cell phone before.

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 8:51 am
Squishy wrote:
vintagebknyc wrote:

I am so frustrated with the screen cracking all the time. I never had that with any cell phone before.

in the side pockets of a cargo skirt. twice, but two different skirts. came home from work, decided I'd throw in a load of wash before making dinner, tossed skirts in because I was about to change into my pj pants. the second time was more humiliating than the first, because I just wasn't thinking.

Raisin

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 8:56 am
a $100 deductible is high. Several times I damaged my iphone (screen smashed, water damage) and it never cost me more then $100 to fix. (once it was about $30, the other time $100, and another time $50 or so)

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 9:00 am
vintagebknyc wrote:
Squishy wrote:
vintagebknyc wrote:

in the side pockets of a cargo skirt. twice, but two different skirts. came home from work, decided I'd throw in a load of wash before making dinner, tossed skirts in because I was about to change into my pj pants. the second time was more humiliating than the first, because I just wasn't thinking.

That is soooo funny!!! Thanks for sharing.

I just noticed this is under product reviews so should the EVO phone come with a hand wash only label?

BTW I got mine when it first came out and it had so many problems that I called it my Evil phone.

Last edited by 33055 on Mon, Nov 05 2012, 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total

anon for this

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 9:02 am
I have a Tracfone, so I've never insured it, but I did insure my laptop with squaretrade. I've found that their rates are competitive with other insurers and their service gets good reviews online, though I haven't had to make a claim on it. I also insured my kindle with them, and got great service and a quick replacement when my screen was damaged. So you may want to consider that option. There are often coupon codes available online.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars