Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Toys for 4-7 year old boys- quick review!

wispalover

Post Mon, Nov 19 2012, 12:56 pm
After having been totally underwhelmed last year at Chanuka selection toys (DS bday and chanuka usually fall around the same time), this year there is just such a HUGE selection of really incredible toys!

If anyone is looking for ideas, here are some of the things my very creative and imaginative DS loves:

IMAGINEX by Fisher Price. We have so far bought him most of the Space set (my SIL is hopefully getting him the shuttle on sale in Walmart on Black Friday) and for his birthday/ chanuka we are asking people to buy him pieces of their choice from the Eagle Talon Castle set.

Fisher Price Jake and the Neverland Pirates DS loves this TV show (Disney Jr) and it is really a really cute show. Not violent, teaches about actually being nice to others etc. Since we have a baby on the way be'h, and we do sibling gifts, we got him the ship "from the baby". Yes it was expensive, but we wanted him to have something very special from "the baby" as I think it is going to be a huge adjustment IY'H.

VTech Switch n Go Dinos We have not bought any of this set yet (the bigger pieces are also around $40 like the above mentioned fisher price items) but if I see it on sale somewhere I will be snatching it up. It looks like such a great toy, and I am a huge fan of VTech items. Some of the smaller pieces can be bought for about $12, and as we give a gift each night of Chanuka one of these might be just the ticket.

Hot Wheels Playset DS adores cars from Tonka trucks to Matchbox to Hot Wheels. These new playsets seem incredible and are on sale in shoprite now (altho still very expensive) and if I didnt have so many other things on my list to consider getting for DS, these would definitely be higher up on my priority list!

Are there any toys you have noticed that you would consider a 'must have' toy for boys in this age range? We generally do not buy DS toys throughout the year and use Chanuka/ Birthday as an opportunity to really get him some good age-appropriate stuff.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 19 2012, 3:06 pm
Here's a great list of toy winners for each age group, as well as one list of the favorites across various ages. They compile it based on facebook surveys including hundreds of parents.

http://www.babycheapskate.com/.....with/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars