Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for friend who's taking dd for 2 weeks

amother

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 1:43 pm
My 2 year old will be staying by my friend for 2 weeks while I am out of town. She goes to gan, and I am sending her my cleaning help for a few days a week to help out, but I think it's a major undertaking that she's doing this and I want to get something that really says thank you.

I have no clue where to start. Shes very specific about what she likes, so im totally unsure of what to pick. A gift for the home? A toy that her dd always wanted? I want to get something she could really use...any ideas? At this point the only thing I can think of is a gift certificate to a furniture store/home decor and gift store that she can pick what she likes, but I feel it's a cop out...

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 1:46 pm
What's your budget for this gift?

I think that a gift certificate, along with a warm letter/card, is a very thoughtful gift -- not at all a cop-out.

lkwdmommy

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 2:01 pm
How about a gift certificate to eat out - either with her whole family and write in the note that you'd like to give her a night off in appreciation of the time she spent taking care of your dd or just with her DH and something similar in the note.

Sherri

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 2:17 pm
Gift certificate to toy store seems like a great idea.

Sherri

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 2:19 pm
lkwdmommy wrote:
How about a gift certificate to eat out - either with her whole family and write in the note that you'd like to give her a night off in appreciation of the time she spent taking care of your dd or just with her DH and something similar in the note.
Actually this is nice, too, if you know that they would appreciate something like that.

IMHopinion

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 2:20 pm
Gift cert is at all not a cop out if you get one at a great store that she'll be excited to shop at.

Toy store's a great idea.

How about a linen store?

Cosmetic store?

Is an expensive perfume something of interest to her?

21young

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 2:23 pm
When I watched my sister-in-law's kids she gave me a gift certificate to go out to eat, and an offer to watch my child when we go. She also gave me a certificate for a mani-pedi. It was greatly appreciated!
When my child was watched I bought a nice gift for the house.

Della

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 4:09 pm
A friend watched three of our kids last year for almost two weeks when we went to EY to visit DD in sem. In addition to stocking her fridge and pantry with foods my kids like and a case of water bottles for school, I got each of her four kids a gift from EY. A t shirt, a keychain, a necklace and a yarmulkas if I remember correctly.

Then I asked my friend what she would like. She told me, and I was able to get her just what she wanted.

Are you comfortable asking her directly? It's probably not going to be a surprise that you want to get her something.

oliveoil

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 11:01 pm
A gift certificate is not a "cop out" - it's usually the best gift you can give!

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Nov 21 2012, 12:55 am
Maybe a high-end food machine, such as a Bosch? But ask her first what model, as she has specific tastes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics