Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Baby mobile

IMHopinion

Post Wed, Nov 21 2012, 11:17 pm
Where can I buy a mobile for a crib as a gift?
Any specific good one?
What's a typical price to pay for one?

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Nov 21 2012, 11:21 pm
Amazon has many, with lots of reviews for all of them.

miami85

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 12:07 am
Not sure where they got it, but we received a "mitzvah mobile" as a baby gift that plays "adon olam". I thought that was very nice. We say that our baby boy is "learning torah"! Gotta start them young! Wink

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 12:48 am
Miami85, that's so cute!

OP, I think with something like this that's basically just to look at, it doesn't matter so much which one you get. Whatever looks nice in your price range should do fine. Go for something with bold designs rather than pastel colors, babies like to look at that. No long strings (if they even still make them) so if the baby reaches it somehow they can't get entangled.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 5:46 am
I had twins so I got 2 1) the mitzvah mobile - it has a mezuza and 3 other mitzva items going around
http://www.eichlers.com/catalo.....obile My baby hardly looked at it. It's a plain mobile that just goes around and around and around.
2)Tiny Love one that went up and down and had lights kept my baby busy for longer. It was similar to this
http://www.amazon.com/Tiny-Lov.....+love

but it was at least 6 years ago that I bought mine so I wouldn't have any specific one to recommend.

Kaybee

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 8:31 am
The tiny love mobiles are the best. They run between 45-50 dollars. I had the mitzvah one and the tny love. My babys all liked the tuiny love one.

IMHopinion

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 8:39 am
Thanks everyone.
I love tiny love products. Their colors do look a lot more exciting than the Mitzvah one. ( thanks twin amother for the links.)
Now I gotta decide if I want to spend so much.

What do you all say to this?
http://www.childrensplace.com/.....24101|148206_newborn|bedding_newborn

I can get 30 percent of on it now making it a pretty good buy.

IMHopinion

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 8:41 am
Amother, you might be right about the lights.
My babies love my tiny love mobile with the lights in them. Maybe I just stick to that.

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 12:10 pm
BTW if you can't find another deal, Babies R Us has 20% off any purchase today, probably tomorrow too, not sure. Tiny Love mobile should be included, it's not one of the snobby brands afaik.

smiledr

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 12:14 pm
I like anything w a light - it's attractive to a baby and if its dark wen they go to sleep ( ie the winter) they can still see the mobile go round if its got lights otherwise they only hear music .

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 12:32 pm
Just realized the BRU discount was only with a minimum purchase. Bah. I was hoping to use it on something. I hate those tease-y emails.

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 2:23 pm
I was looking for something else on Nobetterdeal.com and I see they have a whole bunch of baby monitors well priced. I've ordered from them in the past things that said opened/damaged box and they came looking pretty much new.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics