Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What was the most heartwarming gift you've received?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 6:52 am
When my first pregnancy ended in stillbirth, I received some care packages from people, and I appreciated the warm and caring thoughts behind them all.

The one that really warmed my heart was from a close childhood friend of mine whom I hadn't even really been in touch with at that point, since we lived across the ocean from each other. She sent a book for me to read, and a goodie basket with all of my favorite foods that she could recall, with a cute note attached with quips about her food selections for me.

Thinking back to her gift, the effort and thought put into that gift almost brings me to tears. It felt so good to have someone recall my favorite food, the details that are special about me.

What gift have you received that just warmed your heart?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 7:06 am
When DH tells me, "I'll get the kids off to school; you can sleep."

amother

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 7:29 am
A great big package of ready-to-eat takeout food when I was sitting shiva. Not a pretty gift basket of fancy junk food but enough real food for supper for my whole family.

21young

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 7:46 am
When my husband makes supper and does bedtime for the baby after I've had a hard day.
Nothing feels better than knowing he cares and will do what he can to help.

MrsDash

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 7:49 am
OP I'm so sorry for your loss Crying Your post is truly heartwarming. Hug

My bat mitzvah party fell out on the same day my dear friend was at her grandfather's funeral. She still managed to come to some of the bat mitzvah, which deeply touched me. I still have the gift she gave me. It's the only gift I have remaining from that day.

DrMom

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 7:49 am
DH's cousin came to visit me in the hospital after I gave birth and she brought me some orange juice and hand lotion. I thought that was so much more useful than all the (beautiful) flowers and balloons people sent.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 4:34 pm
When my son was around 10 years old, he found a crystal (like the ones in chandeliers) on the floor in yeshiva. It was cracked & pretty grimy, but he brought it home & gave it to me as a birthday gift since he knew I liked diamond jewelry. He was sure that he had found a valuable gem & he was so excited to be able to give me a nice gift. This happened about 20 years ago and I still smile when I think about it. I still have that crystal somewhere.

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 6:19 pm
AWWWW.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics