Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Choosing a food processor in Israel (Europe)

fish35

Post Sun, Dec 02 2012, 4:28 pm
I am looking for advice regarding the best food processor out there AND if it's really necessary to have the best food processor. I bought a cheap food processor when I was first married and it was a waste of money. It did not work efficiently and the lid cracked after using it a few times. It was not worth dragging out, so I barely used it.

Someone wants to buy me a top of the line food processor now. They would like me to be able to make nut butters (almond, peanut..) along with the regular things food processors do. I'm not even sure what to do with a food processor, as I've managed so many years without one! I went to a store and was told that the second to top is the Braun K700 (Multiquick 5) which is a 2 liter and has two separate bowls, one 2 liter and a second smaller one that is attached opposite the 2 liter. See Braun K700 here. My initial reaction is that a machine that does two things, very often does neither well. Also, is 2 liters small for a large family? The Braun is a third of the price of the top of the line.

The top of the line, or so they said in the store, is the Magimix. The 4200 series is 3 liters and the 5200 series is 3.6 liters. for a few hundred shekel more, each of the series also has the models XLD which gives the added features of a larger hole to put in the food and an added dicing feature. Is the megabucks for the Magimix worth it? 2 liters vs. 3 liters vs 3.6 liters? Is the XLD worth the extra expense?

Online reviews in the US and UK for both brands are very positive.

Also, where in Yerushalayim would I be likely to find the best price on such an item?

I don't have any food processor experience - can you ladies offer some advice? Thank you!

Liba

Post Sun, Dec 02 2012, 4:43 pm
I have the Braun and am pretty happy with it. The Magimix has a much much longer warranty though and people do seem happier with it.

The Braun B"H does the job, but when shredding I get a lot of not quite shredded pieces.

Pandabeer

Post Sun, Dec 02 2012, 4:45 pm
I loved my Bosch food-processor. I didn't even have a mixer, I did everything with it except heavy dough which I still do by hand. It has a blender, juicer, mixer and food-processor. Don't know the new models in Europe ut I'm still waiting to get one in the USA

Raisin

Post Sun, Dec 02 2012, 4:53 pm
I have a braun and magimix (for pesach and chametz) I think the braun does a better job and is better designed, but then I've only used it for a couple of weeks. the magimix is fine but heavy and lots of small fiddly pieces to get lost. When I use the swirly blade eg to chop onions I can only do small batches since it doesn't seem to like large amounts so having a big bowl is a bit of a waste for that. (good when I am using the grating blades) The swirly blade on the braun seemed to do a much better job.

fish35

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 2:25 am
Thank you for your responses! Have you ever made nut butters in your processors and are both good at it? That is my main reason for getting it. My old processor couldn't do it.

e1234

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 3:28 am
I was told majimix is best if you want to get the best

I bought a morphy richards and was very happy with it until the main piece (that holds all pieces and is just plastic -- it should be metal) broke.
I finally called the company and got a replacement piece (mailed to me for 80 nis) and it's all working again but I don't understand why they don't make the pieces that are used often metal.

Mrs.K

Post Sun, Dec 09 2012, 12:49 pm
Funny I just stumbled across this thread.

The Braun Multiquick 5 was 600 shekel in a store in Geula today.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars