Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
There's no time for grading

amother

Post Sat, Dec 22 2012, 9:44 pm
I considered putting this in emotional health because I think that is the main issue.

I thought of putting it in working women because maybe I'd have more sympathizers

But I think this is the best place for this because I think most of you can probably related.

I have report cards due this week, and I have TONS of grading to catch up on. I dont have enough Non-working hours to physically grade all the work and fill in the report cards.

Whats making this semester worse is that report cards are computerized and have to be done on the school's computers. I commute to the school which means I need to find babysitters to do it after hours but that also mean that another staff member has to stay in the building with me. I only teach in the afternoon, but I work at other schools in the morning so I cant go during morning hours to fill out report cards.

That means I'd have to use at least 3 hours tonight, my whole Sunday (meaning 8:00am - 11pm) at least. I work full days after that.

To add insult to injury I have a 100 degree fever and a horrible cough. I probably have strep or the flu or bronchitis or pneumonia. The problem is I dont know if I have time to go in and get myself checked out.

Did I mention that I have 3 kids at home, my housekeeper is off until Wednesday because of the holidays, my dh is an accountant and busy season has begun!!!!!!!

I've thought of taking Monday off and I may have to if I'm really sick because it's not fair to the students to expose them to whatever I have. However, that may help my grading issue but not the filling in the report cards.

morah

Post Sat, Dec 22 2012, 10:14 pm
If it's a computer system, is there a way to do it remotely? I was able to log into my school's report card system from my home computer and get it all done from my bed over the course of a few nights. If not, type/write all the info you need, so that at least you have that when you need to go in and put it in the computer. It should save you some time.

seeker

Post Sat, Dec 22 2012, 10:35 pm
I know this is not going to help you now, but you really need to come up with some system that leaves a LOT less for the last minute. Grade individual tests and assignments as they come in, and have a system where you know ahead of time how much each part is worth so you have a running total and nothing left to calculate at the end of the term.

And please put your health first, you will not be any happier if you get sicker over the coming week.

About the kids and housekeeper and husband situation, I can only sympathize...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics